News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott Wicker

Re: DIXIE CUP 2015 Now Open for Registration
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2015, 10:11:59 AM »
All,

Black Creek is excited to be a part of this event and I hope I get a chance to see some old and meet some new faces.  The weather is typically great in Chattanooga this time of year and you have a great lineup of courses.  Should be great fun.

Scott Wicker
Black Creek Club
Scott Wicker

Evan Fleisher

Re: DIXIE CUP 2015 Now Open for Registration
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2015, 02:53:26 PM »
Thanks so much Scott...looking forward to meeting you and seeing so many old (and new!) friends.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Michael Whitaker

Re: DIXIE CUP 2015 - Deposits Due May 10
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2015, 11:09:19 PM »
Bump to remind everyone that deposits are due... by May 10, please.

Thanks!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

William_G

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2015, 12:31:34 AM »
It is with a lot of disappointment that I now mustcancelafter too many wonderful family commitments have cropped up in September this year.

thank you again Michael and everyone for the opportunity, I look forward to another year

Gray
It's all about the golf!

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2015, 03:43:38 PM »
It is with a lot of disappointment that I now mustcancelafter too many wonderful family commitments have cropped up in September this year.

thank you again Michael and everyone for the opportunity, I look forward to another year

Gray

too bad, the Titans and their new QB are at home against the Colts

William_G

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2015, 07:58:18 PM »
Pete,

That is funny...wish I could go...to all of it

hope Marioto has a lot of success
It's all about the golf!

Eric Strulowitz

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2015, 06:42:54 PM »
Just one more reminder to get those deposits in if you have not.

Also, I am very pleased  to announce that Doug Stein will be our featured guest speaker on Saturday night after our rounds at Lookout Mountain. Doug was a key player in the Raynor restoration at Lookout and he will tell us about the history of the course, how it has  evolved, and future plans.

I am still working on finalizing the evenings festivities that night, will share details when finalized.  It is shaping up to be a great Dixie Cup 2015 and if anyone has any questions or suggestions, feel free to message me!

herrstein

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2015, 11:30:06 AM »
I look forward to seeing everyone in September. I will reprise my earlier speech, but this time will have new historical pieces for your review.
Also, as Founder of Black Creek, I hope to review with your group the thinking behind the course and some of the changes we have made over the years with Brian Silva's continued oversight.
I look forward to seeing you all.

Carl Johnson

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2015, 08:03:17 PM »
Just curious.  "Lookout Mountain has no push/pull carts and does not allow them at any time. You either carry, take a cart, or someone caddies for you. A caddie would have to be a friend or something arranged beforehand as the club has no caddies." [From current version of initial post.]

Why (no push, pull carts or, I assume, power caddies)? The Lord willin', I'll be there and will do whatever the club requires without complaint.  But, still, why this rule?  Does anyone know?  Just curious.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:08:31 PM by Carl Johnson »

Keith Kirkendall

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2015, 12:31:13 AM »
I was very impressed by Lookout Mountain when we toured it last year before the Dixie Cup.

Sweeten's Cove is a blast and a very fine walk.  You'll want to play that 9th green 20 times just so you can hit every variation of a shot you can dream up into it.

Have fun gentlemen. 

Michael Whitaker

Re: DIXIE CUP 2015
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2015, 09:21:55 AM »
Gentlemen... just wanted to point out that we have two spots available for the Dixie Cup!

See the opening post of this thread.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Mike Hendren

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2015, 11:15:27 AM »
Michael, I just might swing down and visit with the gang IF I can't negotiate a better appearance fee at the Midwest Mashie.  I'll let you know when the time nears - my fee is $75/bag.  Then again, there's always the need for a last minute sub, with or without the mullet.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Carl Johnson

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2015, 09:13:47 PM »
Michael, I just thought of a question.  Is a tie required for dining at Black Creek or Lookout Mountain?

Eric Strulowitz

« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2015, 10:42:05 PM »
Michael, I just thought of a question.  Is a tie required for dining at Black Creek or Lookout Mountain?

Hi Carl

No, ties are not required.

I have arranged for an informal BBQ after our pm rounds at Black Creek.  Emphasis on informal!

The dinner at Lookout will be a bit more formal, but again no tie will be required.  Smart casual would be my recommendation.  Both facilities have locker rooms and showers if one wants to freshen up before dinner!

Carl Johnson

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2015, 09:33:27 AM »

Hi Carl

No, ties are not required.

I have arranged for an informal BBQ after our pm rounds at Black Creek.  Emphasis on informal!

The dinner at Lookout will be a bit more formal, but again no tie will be required.  Smart casual would be my recommendation.  Both facilities have locker rooms and showers if one wants to freshen up before dinner!

Thanks, Eric.  Sounds good to me.

ed_getka

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2015, 10:14:03 PM »
Any chance we can get Holston Hills up to 20 golfers?
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Chris Mavros

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2015, 08:19:04 AM »
Pretty excited for this.  It falls on the same weekend the Pope will be in town, so glad I will be skipping town.  Looking forward to meeting  you all.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2015, 05:47:59 PM »
Any chance we can get Holston Hills up to 20 golfers?

Ed - John Mayhugh and John Stiles are the ones to reply to your question. I'm not sure the reason, but we were limited to 16 players at HH when this was first organized. I'm sure they will respond when they see your question.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2015, 09:33:23 AM »
Ed & Michael,
Holston management asked to limit our group to 16 due to a club event that is scheduled on the same day and near the same time.  Before I go back and push for another slot or two, I would like to confirm:
Does everyone that signed up for Holston still intend to play?
Would anyone signed up for Holston (or not yet signed up) like to play there on Thursday morning or Sunday afternoon instead?

I think I can work it out for anyone that wants to see Holston to make it out there.

Eric Strulowitz

« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2015, 09:41:29 AM »
There are three open spots for the Dixie Cup.  If anyone is interested, please let us know soon, love to have ya!

For questions or information, contact me at gagolfer2010@yahoo.com

Eric Strulowitz

ed_getka

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2015, 10:43:38 AM »
John,
    Don't worry about asking for more slots. I didn't realize there was a club event scheduled.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2015, 12:43:22 PM »
I didn't realize there was a club event scheduled.

Ed - we don't tell you guys EVERYTHING! Sometimes you have to trust that we didn't just fall off a turnip truck!  ;D ;D

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2015, 10:31:33 PM »
John,

I am still planning on playing HH on Thursday with the group.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Jay Mickle

« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2015, 07:19:38 AM »
I am also still in for HH.
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Carl Rogers

« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2015, 08:46:12 AM »
I reiterate that I am in for HH.  Can we get an approx. break down of all costs at each course?
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back