News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Criss Titschinger

Re: The 2015 Midwest Mashie - Minnesota - Sign Up!
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2015, 09:18:21 PM »
My preference is going to be Downtown. Let us know what you come up with.

PCCraig

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2015, 12:10:38 PM »
Registration list in post #1 has been updated.
H.P.S.

Tyler Kearns

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2015, 06:31:03 PM »
Regrettably, I am taking my name off the list for the Midwest Mashie.  I'm sure it will be a great event, but a tour of Minnesota's finest golf will have to wait for another time.

TK

Jason Topp

« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2015, 09:07:48 PM »
Regrettably, I am taking my name off the list for the Midwest Mashie.  I'm sure it will be a great event, but a tour of Minnesota's finest golf will have to wait for another time.

TK

Sorry to hear that Tyler.  I was looking forward to catching up.  Any other time you want to come down, shoot me a message.

Tyler Kearns

« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2015, 12:39:48 AM »
Jason,

I'll certainly let you know when I make the trek to Minneapolis, I'm certain to have a $1 bill with your name on it!!

TK

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2015, 11:49:23 AM »
Not to be like the guy at Rancho Park who ran out to the sixth hole to take the spot of a guy who was reported to have dropped dead from a heart attack, but if this bumps me onto the in-list, I'm in for Keller as well as the Mashie.

Sorry, Tyler.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Steve Wilson

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2015, 12:29:59 PM »
If Rick is in as a result of Tyler having to withdraw, I must admit that my ankles will feel safer once I'm in the range of Shefchik mashie or niblick or whatever.
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Dan Kelly

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2015, 12:40:52 PM »
Not to be like the guy at Rancho Park who ran out to the sixth hole to take the spot of a guy who was reported to have dropped dead from a heart attack...

Why the back nine took so long:

Hit the ball, drag Fred, hit the ball, drag Fred...
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Tim Leahy

« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2015, 03:25:52 PM »
If I make it off the waiting list my original post had me in for Keller also.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

PCCraig

« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2015, 02:42:02 PM »

TK

Sorry to hear that Tyler.  I was looking forward to catching up.  Any other time you want to come down, shoot me a message.

I'm bummed to hear that, Tyler. I was looking forward to hearing your thoughts on T&C having previous experience with the course. Whenever you make it back to Minnesota, please let me know and we will tee it up.
H.P.S.

PCCraig

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2015, 02:47:56 PM »
As we begin our Spring thaw here in Minnesota....

Also, in a follow up to the original post, Richard Mandell was nice enough to arrange nine tee times for our group on 9/25/2015 starting at 12:30pm. The guest fee will be $42 for walkers and $58.50 for those who want to ride in cart. After the round we will retire to the clubhouse for cocktails and for a Q&A with Richard.

We'll figure out exact tee times and pairings closer to the event.

Looking forward to it, Gentlemen.
H.P.S.

Brian Finn

« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2015, 06:46:50 PM »
As we begin our Spring thaw here in Minnesota....

Also, in a follow up to the original post, Richard Mandell was nice enough to arrange nine tee times for our group on 9/25/2015 starting at 12:30pm. The guest fee will be $42 for walkers and $58.50 for those who want to ride in cart. After the round we will retire to the clubhouse for cocktails and for a Q&A with Richard.

We'll figure out exact tee times and pairings closer to the event.

Looking forward to it, Gentlemen.

Please add me to the list for Murphy House. Thank you very much.
New for 2023:  Cheraw SP, Grandfather, Clyne, Tenby, Pennard, Langland Bay, Southerndown, Pyle & Kenfig, Royal Porthcawl, Ashburnham, Rolls of Monmouth, Old Barnwell...

Sam Morrow

« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2015, 10:53:53 AM »
Thank yall for setting everything up but I'm gonna need to back out.

Jason Thurman

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2015, 11:39:25 AM »
I haven't had much luck finding group rates on hotels in downtown Minneapolis. I've been in touch with a few participants who plan to have a base camp at the Westin, and I'm happy to have them block 5-10 rooms for us if others want to join. However, the hotels downtown are all fairly closely situated and so if you would prefer to stay at the Marriott or Le Meridien or wherever else, it won't make you a social pariah. We'll all be within a two or three minute walk of each other.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Criss Titschinger

« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2015, 11:26:44 AM »
The more I think about it, the more the Murphy House is sounding appealing to me for Friday and Saturday night. Looking for that retreat feeling, even if it means a bit of drive to T&C on Sunday. Please put me on that list. Thursday night I'll stay downtown for convenience to Target Field.

Jason Topp

« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2015, 10:21:40 AM »
The more I think about it, the more the Murphy House is sounding appealing to me for Friday and Saturday night. Looking for that retreat feeling, even if it means a bit of drive to T&C on Sunday. Please put me on that list. Thursday night I'll stay downtown for convenience to Target Field.

I think you will enjoy it.  I may stay out there if it does not fill up.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2015, 02:58:12 AM »
Heads up Mashies this Wed. night, April 22, on the Esquire Channel they are airing Best Bars in America- Minneapolis. I hope to visit a couple of these establishments for my first trip to the Twin Cities if I make the cut for the Mashie. 8)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:03:35 AM by Tim Leahy »
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Mike Hogan

« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2015, 04:38:23 PM »
Due to a new job and relocating I am going to have to withdraw from the 2015 Mashie. Just my luck, the Mashie finally makes it way to Minnesota and of course I can't be there.
To all attending have fun and enjoy Minnesota!!
Hogan

Tim Leahy

« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2015, 12:34:54 PM »
Best bars Minneapolis tonight on Esquire network!

Psycho Suzi's tiki bar looks like a winner.
Butcher & Boar's beer, brot , and a shot for $12 must be a cant miss.

And I have moved up to #1 on the waiting list!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:46:54 PM by Tim Leahy »

George Freeman

« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2015, 05:10:33 PM »
Unfortunately I am going to have to bow out of the 2015 Midwest Mashie.  My wife and I have a kid on the way and the due date is 9/28...

The event is in great hands!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Ken Fry

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2015, 05:25:13 PM »

Unfortunately I am going to have to bow out of the 2015 Midwest Mashie.  My wife and I have a kid on the way and the due date is 9/28...

If there was ever a reason to miss the Mashie....  George, you'll be missed.  Congratulations!!

Ken

PCCraig

« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2015, 05:29:12 PM »

If there was ever a reason to miss the Mashie....  George, you'll be missed.  Congratulations!!

Ken

George! Congrats buddy!!!!!!
H.P.S.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2015, 06:03:39 PM »

Congrats, George!
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Jason Thurman

« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2015, 12:14:59 AM »
Well, that's a hell of a way to dodge our annual match. Congratulations buddy.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

PCCraig

« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2015, 10:22:47 AM »
We've have quite a few people's plans change recently, so the registration list has been updated on the first post.

Since we were only down to two people on the waitlist for the event, we figured we would just add Buck & Tom to the list so both can plan accordingly and especially considering there is likely to be a couple more cancelations over the summer anyway.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:48:14 AM by PCraig »
H.P.S.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back