News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

corey miller

Re: Golf in Cuba
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2014, 10:47:22 AM »
Mark

I am sorry to have used the word "reward" though surely you don't think both countries benefit equally?  And who will reap the economic benefits on both sides?

It seems a little tone deaf to change a policy toward a "rogue nation", Cuba , in the same week we are attempting to deal with another "rogue nation" in North Korea and finding we have few options.  

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2014, 11:27:27 AM »
Corey

Yes, both sides should benefit. The beauty of free trade is it's not a zero sum game. Whether Cuba benefits more in percentage or even absolute terms doesn't matter. What matters is whether the U.S. sees a net marginal benefit over its prior policy. I think we will, you don't, we just have to agree to disagree and see how things play out.

The designation of Cuba as a rogue state is particular to the U.S. Fair enough, but by international norms Cuba fails to meet the criteria, thus the US has stood virtually alone in its embargo. Juxtaposing Cuba with the DPRK does a great job of illustrating why the latter meets the criteria and the former fails.

You appear to be making the argument the DPRK might take lessons from our change in policy wrt Cuba. I certainly hope so! For starters, stop threatening the world, sign the NNPT and join the global community.
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

Craig Sweet

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2014, 01:50:39 PM »
Oh David....your panties are so twisted.  Yeah, by all YOUR measurements you are so superior to me. But, I am not an asshole. 

And thank you for offering to shut up.....finally!
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back