News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Cob Carlson

SUREFIRE STOCKING STUFFER/ROSS FILM UPDATE
« on: December 05, 2014, 12:19:39 AM »
Architecture Senseis: Looking for a GREAT holiday gift for yourself or a golfing pal? Look no further. I've got two thousand DVDs of my 2 hour documentary film "Donald Ross: Discovering the Legend" ready and raring to be shipped to you. Only $20 plus shipping. The shopping cart issues on the website have been fixed. The process is now streamlined and efficient.

Besides the two hour film, there are 30 minutes of bonus scenes. And newly posted on the website www.donaldrossfilm.com are ANOTHER 8 bonus scenes FREE featuring Crenshaw, Doak and Klein.

Check it out Ladies and Gentlemen!!! You'll be glad you did...

Happy Holidays...Cob

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:55:39 AM by Cob Carlson »

Paul Gray

Re: SUREFIRE STOCKING STUFFER/ROSS FILM UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 05:11:43 PM »
Order placed.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 06:31:21 AM by Paul Gray »
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Jason Way

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 11:12:16 PM »
Got mine Cob and really enjoyed it (enough to buy another one for a gift already).  Might stuff a few more stockings before all is said and done.  Thanks for the great work.
"Golf is a science, the study of a lifetime, in which you can exhaust yourself but never your subject." - David Forgan

Cob Carlson

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 05:40:21 PM »
Thrilled to hear that, JW. Thanks for the support!

Steve Wilson

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 06:01:21 PM »
Amen.  Terrific.  Every Ross club and most others should have one for the members/players to view.
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 06:06:46 PM »
Cob,

Congrats on this worthy and much needed project!  Are you the free throw expert? That is so cool. How can you relate free throws to putting as it seems to be a similar mindset. http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/01/15/free-throw-expert-says-can-help-celtics-rajon-rondo/5nQjaHZKfjqswByAlkbdTM/story.html

Matt Bielawa

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 07:32:00 PM »
This film was extremely well done.  Congrats to Cob and all who had a part in it, including Ran and Tom!

Philip Hensley

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 06:50:34 PM »
I bought 3 total (1 for me and 2 for gifts). Got it in the mail at work and rushed home that night to watch. I thoroughly enjoyed it and am going to watch it again soon. It's been a good topic of conversation here at the cigar shop over the last week, from Donald Ross history we didn't know about to the vast differences in his designs in various regions on the east coast.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 08:30:36 PM »
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Randy Thompson

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 09:20:13 PM »
Cob,
I have seen this post and not opened it until now. I am in Brazil consulting and just got back from the gym. I was on the tread mil, jogging and listening to music but had CNN International on and there was Tom D and Ran and the anchor woman talking about your documentary for a couple of minutes. Congrats! Will contact you next week about an order! Your marketing is catching on or you know the right people that know the right people, something like that! anyways congrats again!

Philip Hensley

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 03:17:37 PM »
Does anyone have a link to that CNN interview? I'd love to see that.

Jason Way

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 07:33:45 PM »
Congrats on the exposure for your work Cob. It's great to see you gaining momentum. 
"Golf is a science, the study of a lifetime, in which you can exhaust yourself but never your subject." - David Forgan

Randy Thompson

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 09:41:23 PM »
Phil,
Not even sure if it was an interview or she was showing some of the CD bonus part with Ran and Tom. Ran looked like he was in North Carolina and just saw Tom real quick and i think he was sitting on a stoll or something and I had the head phones on, so didnīt catch most of it.
Hopefully somebody will set the record straight. Almost fell off the tread mil, not use to seeing people I know on CNN International and when I do, there usually on there way to jail!

john_stiles

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 10:36:27 PM »

Cob,   thank you for my copy.

And Cob is the free throw expert !

Cob Carlson

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 03:09:17 PM »
Hello Fellow Ross Fans: Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy hawking the DVD to Ross Clubs all over the country. They don't tell filmmakers how much time this marketing thing takes.

GCAers...many thanks for all your support and kind words and keep spreading the news about the film. I have to sell many more DVDs to help offset the past 14 months of work w/o paying myself a penny.

My hope was that word about the film would spread like a prairie fire....the sparks are about to ignite I hope.

The piece on CNN International was an excerpt from my trailer for the film.  I haven't seen the segment but will try to dig it up on Monday. They called me out of the blue...so no inside contacts. If any GCA members can help me with any contacts in the large world of golf media, I'd be grateful.

I'll be speaking on SiriusXM PGA Radio "Katrek & Maginnes on Tap" this upcoming Thursday eve at 6:15 p.m.

Back9 network interested in having me on. The Golf Channel has given me the cold shoulder. I guess reruns of the 'Big Break' trump Ross.

Really appreciate Jim McCabe, one of our star journalists, doing the piece on the film for GOLFWEEK.

To hear that guys are sitting around the cigar shop, puffing and talking about the film, definitely made my week.

Regarding AUTOMATIC FREE THROWS...I am the guy. My star pupil, Davidson College was #1 in the country Division 1 as a team 2012/13 season. Their starting point guard, Nik Cochran, was individually #1 in the country. This year they are currently 14th in country shooting it at 76%.

Every player that has adopted the method has improved.

The method is akin to a pre-shot routine in golf. It puts shooters in a better place to make more. i don't deal with shooting mechanics, I leave that up to coaches. But I do address two posture issues...knee flex and spine angle...and finishing in balance, like we all should be doing with our golf swings, as the great George Knudson emphasized.

Salute, all!

Cob Carlson

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2014, 03:32:39 PM »
BTW..Jason...did you enjoy the bonus film clip on my website "ROSS IN CHICAGO"

Paul Gray

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 06:54:28 AM »
Received and watched today. A truly excellent piece of work. Well done.
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Jason Way

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 10:44:32 PM »
BTW..Jason...did you enjoy the bonus film clip on my website "ROSS IN CHICAGO"

Just watched it Cob.  Great stuff.  I finally got out to Skokie CC this year and loved it, and of course, you know about my history with Old Elm.  Based on your clip, I just added Beverly and Northmoor to my To Do (which seems to always be getting longer no matter how many courses I play). 

Don't despair about Golf Channel just yet.  I hit Matt Ginella up for you, and he said that he is going to get a copy of your film.  If you don't see an order from him soon, let me know and I'll buy one for him.  He continues to be very gracious, and is a great advocate for us GCA nerds.

Paul Gray

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 01:11:23 PM »
I'm reminded of the cinema scene in A Clockwork Orange. If only it were possible to do that with this DVD and golf club committees.  ;D

Cob Carlson

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 02:31:45 PM »
Great Stanley Kubrick reference, Paul. Thrilled you enjoyed the film!

PThomas

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 12:29:46 PM »
I cannot recommend highly enough how good this DVD is!!!!!!!!   If four stars is the highest rating, I give it 5!
197 played, only 3 to go!!

Cob Carlson

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 09:17:12 PM »
PT: Thank you so much for the ringing endorsement and kind sentiment. I need to keep the word spreading and the momentum building through the spring. Hope the film can be picked up for a National Broadcast by a significant television network.

Folks have been continuing to weigh in with positive feedback. My big regret, on account of the low budget, was that I didn't get to more Ross courses in person to film, and that I wasn't able to locate pics of certain Ross courses.

Otherwise, it has all been thrilling and it is great that folks are enjoying the DVD.

And don't forget to watch the free 8 bonus scenes on the film's website www.donaldrossfilm.com

Lastly, another round of applause to Ran Morrissett, who gave an absolutely sterling interview which enriched the film.

David Stamm

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2015, 12:00:32 PM »
I just ordered today. Looking forward to seeing it.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

David Stamm

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2015, 11:29:57 PM »
Bump. Very well done film. Really enjoyed it. Kudo's to Mr. Carlson. If you haven't ordered it yet, I encourage you to do so.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Jud_T

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 10:25:45 AM »
Done.  Gotta love "Chunk & Run Productions"... 8)
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back