News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Lang

Re: 2015 5th Major at Dismal River
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2015, 07:54:59 PM »
I weep for Dick Youngscap...
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2015, 08:12:25 PM »
Michael: Ballyneal is a must if you haven't played it and it is on the way to Sand Hills.  Wild Horse is also a must.

Ryan Hillenbrand

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2015, 11:05:30 AM »
Is anyone sticking around to do a Hundred Hole Hike that Eric offered on Monday? I am and was hoping I'd have some company.

Aaron Marks

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2015, 02:45:50 PM »
I'm not playing the 5th major, but if anyone wants to play a Denver area course (Riverdale Dunes and Murphy Creek are both within 30 minutes of the airport), send me a message and let's set something up!

Eric Smith

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2015, 04:57:23 PM »
Is anyone sticking around to do a Hundred Hole Hike that Eric offered on Monday? I am and was hoping I'd have some company.

Ryan,

Kudos to you for participating in the Hundred Hole Hike and for making it four years in a row that the club has sponsored a hike. Also, I'm in for a buck a hole. 

Good luck!

Eric

----

All,

Below is a link to Ryan's HHH page where you can make a pledge to his chosen charity, The Fisher House of St Louis:

Ryan Hillenbrand HHH

Ryan Hillenbrand

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2015, 05:38:27 PM »

Ryan,

Kudos to you for participating in the Hundred Hole Hike and for making it four years in a row that the club has sponsored a hike. Also, I'm in for a buck a hole. 

Good luck!

Eric

----

All,

Below is a link to Ryan's HHH page where you can make a pledge to his chosen charity, The Fisher House of St Louis:

Ryan Hillenbrand HHH

Thanks for the plug Eric, and for the pledge!

Eric Smith

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2015, 12:38:52 PM »
Just a reminder to please send me your handicaps as of the 6/15 revision to esmith@5thmajor.com

Thanks! See you next week.

Matt Elliot

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2015, 04:53:08 PM »
Here is something for everyone to shoot for next weekend!!  Woodland drops a 59 on the Red Course in a pre-U.S. Open round.  Looking forward to meeting everyone next week at Dismal.

http://www2.kusports.com/

Matt Elliot

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2015, 04:54:10 PM »
Sorry I attached the wrong link.  Try this one for the Woodland story.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2015/jun/17/column-despite-odds-open-reach-gary-woodland/

Doug Siebert

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2015, 05:56:07 PM »
Was 66 really the previous record?  If true, I was only five shots off the record on my Sunday round last year - I'm sure that's the closest to any course record I've ever been or ever will be!  Being 12 shots off the record puts me back into my comfort zone so I'm ready to go now!  8)
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Dan Moore

« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2015, 11:09:03 PM »
Calling all 5th Major Participants or Denver GCAers.

I'm in need of a ride to Ballyneal from Denver on Monday June 22nd or Tuesday June 23rd. 

If anyone can help me out and play some golf please send an email to me at moore2616@gmail.com

Thanks  Dan Moore
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Sam Morrow

« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2015, 11:21:20 PM »
If anyone is spending Wednesday night in North Platte and looking to hang out let me know.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2015, 12:11:24 AM »
Sam, I sent an IM. 
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

John Cowden

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2015, 01:20:31 AM »
Many thanks for the Woodland story link.  I would love to see his card.  I know where the birdies are, for me, but Gary undoubtedly got through the tough front 8 in fine shape, then made hay on the back 10.  It's not impossible, just frickin' amazing.

Matt Glore

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2015, 09:30:57 AM »
Is anyone playing Ballyneal this weekend?  I'm going solo to play around and relax.  Feel free to join up with me PM for details.

Brandon Urban

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2015, 12:05:58 PM »
Here's Woodland's card. Amazing that he didn't birdie a single par 3. And played from behind the tips in a lot of spots.
181 holes at Ballyneal on June, 19th, 2017. What a day and why I love golf - http://www.hundredholehike.com/blogs/181-little-help-my-friends

John_Cullum

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2015, 01:00:58 PM »
I shall be lodging at the Pump and Pantry Motel in Ogallala on Wednesday, 24 June. If you are in the neighborhood, look me up.
Raynor was a hack

Matt Elliot

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2015, 04:50:03 PM »
Brandon,

Thanks for the card post! Good to see a Jayhawk with the course record!!  RCJH!

Is anyone playing Sand Hills on Wednesday by chance? 

RJ_Daley

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2015, 11:01:47 PM »
A serious question.... Is there a virus going around out in the environs of Mullen or within the compound of DR?  I ask because Woodland had to go to hospital for IV to treat dehydration from a virus he is suffering.   I'd add, are there any known high incidents of West Nile from mosquitos out there this year.  With all the rain recently, and there has been West Nile out there in past, I would really like to know - as my personal medical condition can not handle such a situation with very weak immune system and unable to take most traditional antibiotics.  I reckon it may warrant a call to the Hooker Co., health dept.  ... if there is such a agency in that sparsely populated country.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Matt Glore

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2015, 11:50:50 AM »
Any chance a Silver Car Audi AWD can make it up Soddy Road?

HarryBrinkerhofDoyleIVakaBarry

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2015, 11:56:07 AM »
Any chance a Silver Car Audi AWD can make it up Soddy Road?
I think you would be ok with AWD.

Eric Smith

« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2015, 01:03:06 PM »

Teams and Flights

Cliff Walston  Kyle Farrar
Greg Dennis  Chris Johnston
Sam Morrow  Keith Kirkendall
Dan Moore  Dan Kelly

Pappy Vanwinkle
Randy Stoll  John Kavanaugh
Andy Warner  Gary Lewis
Michael Essig  John Cullum
Barry Doyle  Ben Hovermale

Iconic!
Connor Dougherty  Brian Dougherty
William Hoyle  David Adamson
Matt Glore  Marshall St. Amant
Chris Sorenson  Rob Wassenmiller

Open Jaw
Ari Techner  Eric Smith
John Moore  Doug Lair 
Mike Trenham  Jordan Standefer
Eric Borchers  Raulie Weber

Taddy Porter
Neil Johnston  Brandon Urban
Daniel Moyse  George Moyse
Doug Siebert  Dick Daley
Ryan Smeele  Aliou Keita

Tomahawk Chops
Matt Elliott  Jerry McInerney
Bruce Wellmon  Chris Shaida
Jim Gulick Elmer Cole
Jimmy Gulick  Nate Gulick

Hooker’s House
Dan Sutton  Shawn Winn
Jeremy Vokt  Craig Flanagan
George Hurst  Walt Pottschmidt
Ron Devore  Don York

Travel safely, fellas. I look forward to seeing / meeting everyone at Dismal River. My gang of 8 will be arriving tomorrow mid-afternoon, thirsty and ready to play. ;D

ward peyronnin

« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2015, 09:11:44 PM »
ok here is a no brainer for Fifth Major 2016

World college baseball series prior weekend and then roll deeper into Nebraska

Have you seen the weather, chicks, sloppy ass ballpark food and ode time baseball on right now?

I will organize Omaha; who is IN!

Wardo

"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Sam Morrow

« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2015, 09:23:17 PM »
Ward,

Giddy up

Blake Conant

« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2015, 09:38:25 PM »
ok here is a no brainer for Fifth Major 2016

World college baseball series prior weekend and then roll deeper into Nebraska

Have you seen the weather, chicks, sloppy ass ballpark food and ode time baseball on right now?

I will organize Omaha; who is IN!

Wardo

As a native Omahan, this would be a wise decision.  Highly recommend a CWS experience.  Also, I highly recommend a trip to Tony Tubrick's shop, Classic Golf, while you're there. Incredible hickory shaft collection and a great dude.  Many more recommendations, but for another day.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:43:35 PM by Blake Conant »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back