News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Roger Wolfe

Thank Your Superintendent this Week!
« on: November 26, 2014, 01:33:16 PM »
I am very fortunate to have this wonderful fellow in my professional life for three clubs and fifteen seasons.  I hope everyone out there shares a relationship with their Superintendent like we enjoy at Carolina Golf Club.

http://www.carolinagreenkeeper.blogspot.com/

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Ed Oden

Re: Thank Your Superintendent this Week!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 12:54:13 AM »
Hear!  Hear!  We at Carolina are incredibly fortunate to reap the rewards of Matthew's labor of love.  His skill and devotion to his craft are only exceeded by his quality of character.  Matthew enriches not only our enjoyment of the game but also our lives through friendship.  We are truly blessed to have him.  Of course, I can same the same thing about our GM!  Happy Thanksgiving!

Ed

JC Jones

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 10:12:02 AM »
As a non-CGC affiliated person, I can attest to the quality of the playing conditions and the dedication Matthew has to the golf course.  It truly is remarkable.

I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Lou_Duran

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 10:23:55 AM »
Hear!  Hear!  We at Carolina are incredibly fortunate to reap the rewards of Matthew's labor of love.  His skill and devotion to his craft are only exceeded by his quality of character.  Matthew enriches not only our enjoyment of the game but also our lives through friendship.  We are truly blessed to have him.  Of course, I can same the same thing about our GM!  Happy Thanksgiving!

Ed

Second that.  Just reading Matthew's blog gives a good indication that CGC is in great hands.  I trust that the club understands its good fortunes and compensates those responsible generously.  It is my impression that the superintendent is the most important employee of a club, followed closely by the GM who ensures that the right person is selected for the job and enables him to do his work with minimal interference from the various constituencies.  

Matt Wharton

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 04:56:05 PM »
Gentlemen,

Thank you for your kind words and sentiments.  I am very fortunate that Roger Wolfe, CCM has shown the faith and trust in me to be the golf course superintendent of not one, but two courses in my career.  I think we are both lucky to have found a club in Carolina that truly embodies what we both love about this grand game.  We are both passionate about the game of golf, about Carolina Golf Club, and about serving our beloved members!  It was an extremely thoughtful gesture for him to share his words in this forum and post a link to my work.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! 
Matthew Wharton, CGCS, MG
Idle Hour CC
Lexington, KY

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back