News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Giles Payne

Re: Buda Cup 2015: Notts & Sherwood Forest BOOKING DETAILS POSTED
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2015, 04:03:06 AM »
James - is there room for one more for 36 holes and Meal on Tuesday?

Thanks

Giles

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2015, 07:15:15 AM »
Pre Buda Golf

If interested in any of this please IM me.   

Sat 15th August

Either
Royal Worlington “the sacred 9” £55 from midday. Only drawback this is  2.5 hrs from hotel but it is ideal if any are travelling up from Deal that morning. County cards may be less. (PS I’m up for this if anyone else is.)
Or
Woodhall Spa  had 2 times from 1.40.     £55 for special friends of Nigel Farage,  £75 for bloody foreigners.   1.45min to hotel. Warning this is in the middle of nowhere unless you are coming from Brancaster.
Or
Luffenham Heath £65 a possible haven’t spoken to Secretary.  Nice course just off A1 so travel from the south quite easy.

Sunday
Cavendish from midday for something silly like £25 (I’ll check).   About 1.15 from hotel.  At the moment Sean Tony and Michael G are interested in this.

Time for action.  Let's be havin' you.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Michael Graham

« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2015, 10:25:31 AM »
Tony

Thanks for organisng a few pre Buda options. As much as I would like to I don't think logistically I will manage golf on the Saturday.

I'm still very keen to play Cavendish on the Sunday. Hopefully you, Sean and others can make it too.

Michael

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2015, 03:03:44 AM »
Tony,

As of today, our threesome is planning on arriving at LHR on Friday morning Aug 14.  The best itinerary we could come up with was Royal Worlington on Friday afternoon in our semi-somnambulist(?) state.  Saturday we are planning on Royal Cromer in the morning and Sheringham in the later afternoon.  On Sunday we're booked into Hunstanton in the afternoon.

Then BUDA on Monday - Wednesday.

We're planning on Woodhall Spa on Thursday.

The pre-BUDA rounds and Woodhall Spa we are a 3-some and could possibly add a 4th if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:05:44 AM by Bryan Izatt »

Mark Pearce

« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2015, 07:37:27 AM »
James, Tony,
A colleague of mine (and my foursomes partner at the Northumberland), Iain Greenshields is interested and very likely to join us.  He's another sinister golfer and plays off 10.  I'll hopefully be able to confirm this soon.
Mark
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

James Boon

Re: Buda Cup 2015: Notts & Sherwood Forest THE FINAL RUN IN...
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2015, 11:13:47 AM »
Details and attendees updated on opening post!

I would like to confirm final numbers to the clubs in about 2 or 3 weeks time, so if anybody else wants to take part or change their plans now is the time to say so!

Really looking forward to the Buda Cup this year! I was at the final day of the Brabazon Trophy yesterday watching how the top amateurs do it, and the course looked magnificent, with both the EGU and R&A saying how impressive the course and its condition was (I will post a few photos if I get time!)

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Mark Pearce

« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2015, 04:47:10 PM »
Good numbers.  Iain Greenshields will be there for all 5 rounds.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2015, 04:24:42 PM »
Tony/James

I'm looking forward to joining you and the boys at Cavendish on Sunday 16th and Sherwood the next day.

Nottingham West Premier Inn currently £29 for the Sunday night. Won't get better value than that.

2024: Royal St. David's (x2); Mill Ride
In planning: Hayling, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Thurlestone

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2015, 05:08:14 PM »
Lots of undecided folk but at the moment

Sat  Woodhall Spa   2pm    Craig, Mike and Tony
Sunday Cavendish  12.40pm  Robin, Michael and Tony.

So that leaves one extra spot guaranteed each day. Frst to confirm....

PS sign of the times a little after us at Cavendish.   Footgolf!

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2015, 01:00:15 AM »
James,

Can you please add me for Mon pm at Sherwood and Tues am at Holinwell?

Also Sun at Cavendish if there's room.

Rgds
Duncan

Rich Goodale

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2015, 11:02:40 AM »
All sounds great, James!

However, two items of bad news....

Firstly, I will be coming, arriving on the 16th, with a golf game that only sado-masochist could love.
Secondly, Josie will not be able to make it as she has decided to go back to WORK!!! (as the late, great Maynard G. Krebs would say).  Maybe next year...

See you all at the No-Tell-Motel or at the first tee!

Rich
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Steve Wilson

« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2015, 11:50:07 AM »
Booked into the Premier Inn for four nights.  Is Cavendish available on Sunday?  If not I'll be certain to make other arrangements.
Looking forward to this in a big way.
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Craig Disher

« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2015, 02:37:40 PM »
Mike Whitaker and I have space for one at Woodhall Spa on Saturday 8/15 at 1400 and space for two at Luffenham Heath on Sunday at 3:30. If anyone is interested, just post.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:13:50 PM by Craig Disher »

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2015, 07:07:42 PM »
Mike Whitaker and I have space for one at Woodhall Spa on Saturday 11/15 at 1400 and space for two at Luffenham Heath on Sunday at 3:30. If anyone is interested, just post.
Craig means Saturday, August 15... not 11/15! Hope one or more of you pests can join us.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Ben Stephens

« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2015, 08:23:03 AM »
Mike Whitaker and I have space for one at Woodhall Spa on Saturday 11/15 at 1400 and space for two at Luffenham Heath on Sunday at 3:30. If anyone is interested, just post.
Craig means Saturday, August 15... not 11/15! Hope one or more of you pests can join us.

Mike and Craig - would have loved to take you guys around Luffenham Heath which is 5 miles away from where I live.
Unfortunately I am playing in the European Deaf Golf Open Championships at Hauger Golf Klubb in Norway and will not be back til Sunday night.

Last month Robin Hiseman and I played Luffenham in which I was blown away by Robin's putting on some challenging greens - Robin had 10 putts for the first 9 holes and hope he brings that form to BUDA!

Also Rutland Water is worth having a look at as it is the biggest man made lake in England (3500 acres) and Hambleton Hall has a reputation for being one of the best restaurants in the country - its pricey though.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 08:26:36 AM by Ben Stephens »

Ben Stephens

« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2015, 08:27:09 AM »

Mike and Craig - would have loved to take you guys around Luffenham Heath (where I used to be a member during my school days) which is 5 miles away from where I live.
Unfortunately I am playing in the European Deaf Golf Open Championships at Hauger Golf Klubb in Norway and will not be back til Sunday night.

Last month Robin Hiseman and I played Luffenham in which I was blown away by Robin's putting on some challenging greens - Robin had 10 putts for the first 9 holes and hope he brings that form to BUDA!

Also Rutland Water is worth having a look at as it is the biggest man made lake in England (3500 acres) and Hambleton Hall has a reputation for being one of the best restaurants in the country - its pricey though.

James Boon

« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2015, 05:30:14 PM »
All,

Attendance updated in opening post.

Any further updates please let me know.

And I hate to be the first one to say this, but... who will be captains this year?

Ben,

Hope you have a good time at the European Deaf Golf Championship! Will you have a chance to join us for any of the rounds at Buda? Based on current numbers Tuesday afternoon and the meal would be good? If not I will look to line up a member for that afternoon...

Cheers,

James
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:32:15 PM by James Boon »
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Steve Wilson

« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2015, 09:52:50 AM »
Seeing as how (now there's an Appalachian elocution for you) Uncle Bill is not going to be in attendance at the BUDA this year, I'll volunteer to bring the Balvenie Doublewood.  I'll be only too happy to provide it to my opponents during play as well as afterwards.
Anything for comity. 

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2015, 10:12:40 AM »
Seeing as how (now there's an Appalachian elocution for you) Uncle Bill is not going to be in attendance at the BUDA this year, I'll volunteer to bring the Balvenie Doublewood.  I'll be only too happy to provide it to my opponents during play as well as afterwards.
Anything for comity.

You're a good man, Steve Wilson, I don't care what they say about you!   Made my pilgrimage to St Andrews and North Berwick this year, it had been seven years, way too long.   

Best regards to all the Budas, have a great time!

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2015, 04:22:37 PM »
 Of course you are right James. How did we get this far without the usual trash talk?
Perusing the list we have a couple of experienced Budaista's on either side who have yet to receive this most esteemed honour, the culmination of anymans golfing career, a celebration desired by so many but awarded to so few...

To qualify you have to be able to write your teams names down in a different order 5 times, find the other Captain and then let everyone know what’s been decided. That’s it.

So I see the following as the eligible candidates.

( I count about equal no's of North Americans and GB&I, with Rich of course qualifying to play for whichever team is in the lead at that point (Joke alert!). Do we have any other nations represented?  A ROW team needed?)

For the North Americans we have (alphabetical order)

Brian Izett
Lynn Shackleford
Steve Wilson

For GB&I

Ian Dickson
Mark Rowlinson

Please speak up if any other names should be in the ring.
Speak up now or you'll find yourself voted in anyway.

Steve Wilson

« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2015, 04:58:46 PM »
Was the Balvenie Doublewood ploy not immediately recognized as a bribe to avoid this honor rather than to actually honor Uncle Bill?

Or perhaps I should rephrase it as how was the Balvenie Doublewood ploy interpreted as anything but a desperate plea to be spared?

Now, let's cut to the chase, what else do I have to bring to make the votive offering sufficient?

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2015, 05:29:32 PM »
Steve, you are in!  Now call Tom Watson to get some input and don't worry, our team isn't that old.

Where do we put Bryan(Canadian), I think he played for the other guys last year?
It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2015, 07:03:38 PM »
Steve, you are in!  Now call Tom Watson to get some input and don't worry, our team isn't that old.

Where do we put Bryan(Canadian), I think he played for the other guys last year?

I second Steve for the North American team. He has spent so much time in the UK lately that will seem like a home game to him!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Mark Pearce

« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2015, 03:07:22 PM »
Conrad Gamble?  Every BUDA since Leeds and never a leader of men......

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2015, 03:33:06 PM »
Conrad Gamble?  Every BUDA since Leeds and never a leader of men......

I was going to put him on the list and then I thought surely....amazing.

Seconded

I think we have a pressgang quorum!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 05:39:05 PM by Tony_Muldoon »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back