News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Amol Yajnik

New 36-hole facility coming to Austin, Texas?
« on: November 18, 2014, 08:42:54 PM »
Pretty interesting tweets from former PGA Tour player Joe Ogilvie tonight, as he is a resident of Austin, Texas:
"We are getting closer to re-introducing Austin, TX to the golfing world. Coore/Crenshaw & @OCCMGolf, 36 holes plus kids course. 100% public."
"Maybe even a version of the famed Himalayas thrown in for good measure.  Sometimes cure to games ills lie in what has been done before."

I did some searching online and it seems like Ogilvie is part of a group that wants to take a part of existing land in a park northeast of Austin and convert it into this facility.  Obviously, the architects named in association with this project are exciting, but does anyone know how close this is to becoming reality?  Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed, but the search tool didn't turn up anything for me.

John Foley

Re: New 36-hole facility coming to Austin, Texas?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 09:06:33 PM »
Wow that would be great - I like Austin but never played golf there - I'm sure the options are very good but this would be perfect.
Integrity in the moment of choice

David_Tepper

Edward Moody

Re: New 36-hole facility coming to Austin, Texas?
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 09:40:34 AM »
update - http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2014/11/21/walter-e-long-golf-courseproposal-hits-water.html

I've talked with Joe about this deal for a long time and he is very passionate about making it happen.  He has a great vision for what could come of this facility.  And Austin can certainly use an upscale daily fee as the public options here are somewhat lacking.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back