News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Don Mahaffey

Rock Wind Community Links Hobbs, NM
« on: October 31, 2014, 10:29:03 AM »
This Andy Staples design is about finished and I made what will probably be one of my last construction visits this week.
The course is growing in nicely and will open in spring '15.

Andy designed an 18 hole "big" course and a 9 hole "kids" course.

The kids course was the first thing constructed and has opened for limited play. The first event was the kick off of their new First Tee program. Below is a cell phone photo from yesterday. They've had well over 100 kids participate in the first two days. 

There is nothing more beautiful in golf to me than seeing a swarm of kids having fun while learning the game. 

Clyde Johnson

Re: Rock Wind Community Links Hobbs, NM
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 03:45:14 PM »
Congrats Don, I'm sure you boys had a fun time working on what looked a cool project!

Maybe this project will lead to more like it?

Bill_McBride

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 05:27:01 PM »
What can you tell us about the big course?   What price point are they looking at for green fees?

After spending some time at Mike Young's course in LaGrange, Ga, The Fields, the more I like well designed, modestly maintained courses with lower fees and interesting golf.  I'm really getting tired of dropping $10,000 a year on my home club........ :P

Sam Morrow

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 07:16:58 PM »
What can you tell us about the big course?   What price point are they looking at for green fees?

After spending some time at Mike Young's course in LaGrange, Ga, The Fields, the more I like well designed, modestly maintained courses with lower fees and interesting golf.  I'm really getting tired of dropping $10,000 a year on my home club........ :P
I wish more people had come to see The Fields. As for Don very cool, you have an excuse for not returning my text this morning!  Golf needs more of this.

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 11:17:31 PM »
Don,

I work for a company based in Carlsbad, NM and have traveled through Hobbs heading back to Midland  several times. Sounds like a nice addition to the Hobbs community.
Tim Weiman

jeffwarne

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 09:52:09 AM »
Congrats Don,
Great project
tell us more about both the process and the project
thanks
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back