News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark McKeever

Re: Seminole - new shared tee
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 02:59:02 PM »
Seriously, no pictures?!?!  ???
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Tom_Doak

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 05:30:27 PM »
I have seen a lot of shared tees, and built a few.  The first one that comes to mind is 7 / 15 at Shoreacres, because the shared tee is the middle men's tee today; both holes have been extended by back tees that cross over significantly.  But Shoreacres, like Seminole, is not busy enough for it to become a real safety issue.

Sean_A

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 08:34:27 PM »
At Old Town, we have a "double green" at Holes 8 and 17. Immediately thereafter, Coore & Crenshaw recaptured our "shared tee" at Holes 9 and 18. However, we decided to go with the same tee markers for both holes. (It looked too cluttered to have a "shared tee" with all kinds of markers on it. And to minimize any confusion, we added a directional rock flush in the ground.

Coore recommends we join Hole 1 and 10 tees also. It's on our punch list of upcoming "in-house" projects.

iii

I think I will take credit for the combined tees on 9&18.  Below is the question I asked in my tour of Old Town some five years ago after playing the course.  Please inform C&C that I expect the appropriate fee deposited into my account  ;D

Why not simply put 9 & 18 tee markers across the width of the pad and let the player choose his line? 

I am a big fan of shared tees a greens.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 09:47:50 PM »
Boca Rio has shared tees (7 & 9) and shared greens (9 & 18)

Holes 6 & 18 also came close to having a shared tee.

David Amarnek

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2014, 09:16:11 AM »
Another Ross course (mostly) with shared tees is Gulph Mills (#11 and 18).
You can see it on Joe Bausch's wonderful course tour and read Tom Paul's remarks about their genesis.

Joe Bausch

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2014, 10:20:38 AM »
Another Ross course (mostly) with shared tees is Gulph Mills (#11 and 18).
You can see it on Joe Bausch's wonderful course tour and read Tom Paul's remarks about their genesis.

For those that would like to see that thread:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,55729.0.html
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Pete Blaisdell

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2014, 10:25:12 AM »
Shared tees

Bretwood North ( Cornish & Barrett ) Keene NH

13TH & 16TH ( Both 3 Pars) 13th is the Island hole -16th is uphill thru a chute of trees . Both have two tiered greens.

The shared area is huge where there are many possibilities for total distance and angles depending on hole location.

Have done " set up  " many times at the North and have never experienced so many available options in a shared tee area.

I do remember, as a boy in the early sixties a hot dog type cart between 1 and 10 at Seminole. My Uncle Ed was a buddy of Chris Dunphy's but he didn't play golf but he enjoyed " social privliges " and he would take me over when Mr. Hogan was in residence at Mr. Coleman's across the street and I would watch him hit balls and eat as many hot dogs as I could.
' Golf courses are like wives and the prom queen doesn't always make for the best wife "

Carl Nichols

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2014, 01:05:43 PM »
The par 3 12th ("Battleship") and par 5 16th share a tee at Bald Peak Colony Club (Ross).  The shared tee probably slows things down a little, but it's more than made up for by the interaction with other groups.   

Mark McKeever

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2014, 01:40:43 PM »
Philadelphia Cricket Club, holes 3 and 11 share a tee box. 

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Carson Pilcher

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2014, 01:57:05 PM »
Ross designed a shared tee at Country Club of Columbus (GA) for #1 and #10.  It is also the practice putting green too.  So, you roll your last practice putts and then step right to the tee with out leaving the area.  Someone mentioned  noise/distraction.  It is a consideration, but tends to a great first tee experience in competition.

Great club by the way.  Ross course, great membership, no tee times and run by a great PGA Pro, Brian Stubbs.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back