News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

MClutterbuck

OT - What we all want...
« on: October 23, 2014, 03:05:21 PM »
91 young years and can still play... see who can tell me who he is.

Tim Gavrich

Re: OT - What we all want...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 03:15:40 PM »
Given he's in Latin America and PGA Latinoamerica is in Argentina this week, Roberto De Vicenzo?
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Michael Moore

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 03:20:56 PM »
“We can never know what to want, because, living only one life, we can neither compare it with our previous lives nor perfect it in our lives to come.” - Milan Kundera
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 03:36:43 PM »
Mucci??
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

JMEvensky

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 03:57:47 PM »

Mucci??

Work on your reading comprehension. The OP said 91--Mucci isn't a day over 85.

Thomas Dai

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 04:22:31 PM »
Roberto de Vincenzo!

and here he is earlier in his career -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlwggq1yCdI

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I5BNpJ-lKE

atb

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 04:41:24 PM »
“We can never know what to want, because, living only one life, we can neither compare it with our previous lives nor perfect it in our lives to come.” - Milan Kundera

An almost perfectly banal sentiment, carefully crafted as is his wont but barely rising above pithiness

Roberto, on the other hand, looks like a million bucks, and 'signifies' more in that one swing than a hundred bits of fluff from Kundera

Lou_Duran

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 04:52:30 PM »
.... at that age, to be upright and breathing.  I have little hope of playing much of a game past 70, but I take solace from the knowledge that I will have the time and perhaps the inclination to read the "Macdonald's Merion" and "IST Is A Fraud" threads in their entirety.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 06:50:31 PM »

An almost perfectly banal sentiment, carefully crafted as is his wont but barely rising above pithiness

Roberto, on the other hand, looks like a million bucks, and 'signifies' more in that one swing than a hundred bits of fluff from Kundera

Kundera steal your watch?
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

jeffwarne

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 09:55:39 PM »
Roberto de Vincenzo!

and here he is earlier in his career -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlwggq1yCdI

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I5BNpJ-lKE

atb

Simply beautiful

Snead and de Vincenzo
awesome waggles-awesome fluidity
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

MClutterbuck

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 11:39:13 PM »
Correct, Roberto De Vicenzo. Ceremonial drive only today, but still plays 9 holes daily.

Ricardo Ramirez Calvo

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 01:43:24 PM »
The best Latin American players of all times together for the first time at the ceremonial drive of the America's Golf Cup.

PS: The name of the lady is Alejandra Martínez, before anybody asks.
Ricardo

Paul Gray

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 07:12:55 PM »
I haven't seen Johnny Gould of Royal Cinque Ports for a couple of years, but the last time I saw the 85 (odd) year old, he carried his own bag for 18 holes and drank most of a bottle of Rose at the halfway hut. How many people after 75 just give up the ghost? Too many, I'd guess. We're trying to get my old man on the course - he's 79 and energetic, can comfortably do 18 but still needs a cart and also his frame is way too thin for my liking. I hug him and feel like I could do him damage. Wish he had taken to the gym to build up his muscle mass years ago...

As one sanctimonious links golfer said to another, it's a lot easier to keep going when the ground game is the order of the day. ;D

I played through a couple of octogenarian women the other week that simply wouldn't be able to play any more if the turf was lush and green. Best of luck with your dad.
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back