News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brent Belote

Silo Ridge - Catskills
« on: October 20, 2014, 03:03:10 PM »
Spoke with one of the sales associates there and said that 9 holes will be open Summer 2015 and the rest in Summer 16. 

Anyone been up to check out the progress or seen a course routing?

Also curious on thoughts but to me seems like they could have a problem creating something like Bakers Bay, Gozzer, etc in such close proximity to NY.  There are already so many great courses that I don't see people in NYC buying a Silo Ridge property as a luxury getaway with the golf course attached.  Maybe the golf course is just a side project but seems like they over reached a bit on the development.

Tim Gavrich

Re: Silo Ridge - Catskills
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 06:18:58 PM »
I played the front nine in a high school match about eight years ago and remember thinking it was a nice mid-level public course. Should be interesting to see what it's like with millions of bucks' worth of bells and whistles. I wonder if they'll keep the island green par three on the back side.

As for its prospects, I will say that it's pretty close to the affluent Litchfield Hills CT sphere. It's just west of Lakeville and Sharon, CT, so I guess they're aiming to attract a membership largely comprising affluent New Yorkers. Similar concept to Bulls Bridge, I imagine.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 08:11:59 PM »
Well, according to the site, it is a field club and an heirloom community. That must count for something.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Carl Nichols

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 01:05:54 PM »
I played the front nine in a high school match about eight years ago and remember thinking it was a nice mid-level public course. Should be interesting to see what it's like with millions of bucks' worth of bells and whistles. I wonder if they'll keep the island green par three on the back side.

As for its prospects, I will say that it's pretty close to the affluent Litchfield Hills CT sphere. It's just west of Lakeville and Sharon, CT, so I guess they're aiming to attract a membership largely comprising affluent New Yorkers. Similar concept to Bulls Bridge, I imagine.

Agreed--it's probably also just close enough to Rhinebeck/Red Hook/Hyde Park to draw from there too.

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 02:22:57 PM »
Silo Ridge is about 51,746 yards from the Catskills, as the crow flies.  ;D

The site is completely ripped up - the new course will bear no resemblance to the original.

Mark Teixeira has supposedly bought a homesite there, and Andrew Magee is a sales associate for the project.

I have to believe that the biggest lure to buying in Amenia is access to all the other Discovery Land Co. communities.

http://themillbrookindependent.com/category/topic/discovery-land-company
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:38:10 PM by Jim_Kennedy »
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 02:57:26 PM »
Received an interesting email the other day.  Silo Ridge has hired long time Shadow Creek head professional Mark Brenneman to run the golf operations.  I suspect I'm a little surprised considering he's been there 16 years. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back