News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Paul Gray

Re: How Did The Architect Become So Removed From The Golfer?
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 11:34:24 AM »
Stephen,

All very true, to a point, but do we all really question the laws of physics or mathematics? Clearly we do not and I suggest, as has been mentioned earlier in the thread, that the average golfer feels free to assume a certain knowledge as he/she tends to view the subject as purely subjective, ie. there are no rights and wrongs. I know I certainly did before I ever knew a thing, assuming, utterly wrongly, that being a half reasonable club golfer I had a decent grasp of the subject matter.

Of course, once you begin to learn about the subject you realise just how little you know. But most people never get to that stage because they simply don't realise or don't care that an extensive and fascinating subject even exists. In keeping with that, and returning to my original point, I guess the real question to ask is why so little education is passed from the architect to the client. I just wonder, and I don't mean to be critical of anyone in the industry, if there isn't merit in providing a kind of debriefing package after works are completed.
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back