News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rich Goodale

New Golf Course in the Bronx?
« on: September 26, 2014, 06:17:06 AM »
Yesterday I drove across the Bronx Whitestone bridge on my way to Connecticut, and couldn't help notice a faux links/brownfield site golf course (a la Bayonne) being built on the NE end of the bridge.  Looked OK as I passed through the tolls.  Anybody know anything about it?
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Mark Bourgeois

Re: New Golf Course in the Bronx?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 06:47:41 AM »
How natural did the shaping and ground contours look? Hopefully green fees will be low.
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 07:15:18 AM »
How natural did the shaping and ground contours look? Hopefully green fees will be low.

Regrettably, Mark, my Gooogleglasses were on the fritz so I couldn't simultaneously pull $7.50 out of my trousers, adjust to driving on the wrong side of the road, being nice to the toll lady who served me and trying to find the way to New England in the chaos which is the NYC road system and then try to see if there were a Redan or Biarritz or two in the green and dirt to my right.

My bad...

Rich
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Ben Hollerbach

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 07:24:26 AM »
Sounds to me like Ferry Point, the new Nicklaus course that just opened on that site.

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 07:30:20 AM »
Sounds to me like Ferry Point, the new Nicklaus course that just opened on that site.

That's what Google Earth tells me....

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 07:32:45 AM »
Rich I'm just taking the piss. There are a million threads on this course.
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 09:22:18 AM »
"Taking the piss..." I love this phrase.

I thought Rich was kidding at first as well. I guess it's possible to miss Jeter Park (http://www.theonion.com/articles/derek-jeter-i-will-never-enter-this-part-of-the-ci,37023/), the newest 18-hole go-round in the Bronx.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Adam Clayman

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 09:29:15 AM »
The one report I've heard on Ferry Point was very positive. Apparently an astute observer might notice a shift in JN's design preferences, there.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Phil Lipper

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 01:23:05 PM »
I played Trump Ferry Point last week, I would describe it as Bayonne lite,( the valleys arent as dramatic as Bayonne). Its plays between 6,300 and 7,400, many of the greens are on the small side and help "protect" the course. The wind coming off the water (at least when I played ) certianly helped with the links feel. Its really unique playing golf looking at the Whitestone Bridge and most of the NY skyline. To me the biggets negative is that as daily fee course its designed with cart paths on each hole although they did a great job hidding them visually from the tee's and fairways. at time the routing is a little strange it almost seems like they could have a used a few more acres.

Dan Kelly

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 01:25:41 PM »
Rihc --

How dare you miss a thread (or a bunch of threads) here.

For shame!

Dan
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Howard Riefs

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 01:29:32 PM »
Rihc --

How dare you miss a thread (or a bunch of threads) here.

For shame!

Dan

He was understandably busy the last 12+ years...

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,4764.0.html
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back