News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jordan Wall

Nassau, Bahamas
« on: September 20, 2014, 10:47:40 AM »
Recommendations as far as best golf courses on the island places to stay?

What are the golf courses, if any, actually worth seeing?

Any restaurants or cultural spots worth checking out for a new traveler?

Also, if anyone will be here Dec. 17-23 I will have one or two spots open for golf pretty much every day, and though no reservations have been made golf-wise it would be great fun to link up with any of you guys in paradise.

Cheers,

Jonathan Webb

Re: Nassau, Bahamas
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 11:07:38 AM »
I lived in Nassau for the better part of a year so know the island fairly well.

Below are the courses that will be open during your visit:

Lyford Cay (private and busy this time of year)
-Rees Jones renovated, no holes on the water but some cool holes on the back 9

Albany (private and busy this time of year)
-Ernie Els design opened in 2010, fun but can be very hard in the wind

Baha Mar (resort course)
-Total redesign of old Cable Beach course by Nickalus
-Schedules to open December 14

Ocean Club (semi-private, guests of Atlantis and One and Only can play)
-Weiskopf redesign of old Paradise Island course, hosts and LPGA tour event

Send me a PM if you have more questions.

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 12:47:51 PM »
I enjoyed the Ocean Club.  A couple of holes (and one green in particular) are within feet of the water.  Sounds like Jonathan has played them all, but I've heard from others that it's the one to arrange if you're just playing once.  It's the course that got so wet that the LGPA played and posted 12-hole rounds (two years ago I think).

Met Michael Bloomberg that day and enjoyed a lengthy conversation.  Several prominent members at that club.

Atlantis has a wide range of accommodations, but our room at The Cove was fantastic.

WW

Jordan Wall

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 02:13:33 PM »
Admittedly I have not done any research thus far on courses, so I appreciate all the insight.

Figured all the courses would be resort courses and given that, thought you gents would be the ones to lead me in the right direction.

While I wasn't aware there was a private club on the island, the OceanClub sounds great and I will look into it.

Baha Mar sounds like a good choice as well given it will have just been reopened.

Again, thank you!

Brad Tufts

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 10:06:57 PM »
Ocean Club is pretty much public...I did not stay at the Atlantis/One & Only and I was able to play with just a tee time phone call.

Decent course, but $200ish.
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Bruce Katona

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 10:35:31 AM »
The wife and I used to play quite often at both the Ocean Club and Lyford Cay - her mentor was a member at Lyford and we visited Nassau multiple times per year. Sean Connery played thru us on one visit. The Mrs. & her girlfriends met and were invited to see Lionel Richie play one night while the gals stayed at the Ocean Club on a girls weekend.

I enjoyed playing both courses though I would opt for Lyford if push came to shove.

I worked for a while (pre-construction planning and financing) on the front-runner to what now is Albany project. Great peice of property. I'd love to see how it turned out.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back