News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris DeToro

Re: Ordering information for The Confidential Guide
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2014, 04:11:28 PM »
So does this mean they are en route??

Keith Grande

« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2014, 04:13:33 PM »
We won't actually charge anyone's cards until we are ready to ship the books.  They're supposed to arrive at my office on Friday.

That was quick. Already received a receipt that I was charged for my book. Those who ordered it should be on the look out for an email from Brian Lewis with the subject:    "Renaissance Golf Publishing Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation"

Christmas in October!  ;D

Paul Gray

« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2014, 04:59:38 PM »
Another UK based question:

Since I hope to have volume 1 by Christmas but have no urgency other than that, should I go ahead and ask my better half to order it or should I hold fire?
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Tom_Doak

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2014, 05:56:44 PM »
We won't actually charge anyone's cards until we are ready to ship the books.  They're supposed to arrive at my office on Friday.

That was quick. Already received a receipt that I was charged for my book. Those who ordered it should be on the look out for an email from Brian Lewis with the subject:    "Renaissance Golf Publishing Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation"

I received 3,000 books off a semi at the back door of my office this morning.  Happy to report that the quality of the book looks awesome.

We have back orders for about 800 books and have started to process payment.  We expect that we will be able to process somewhere between 50 and 100 of them per day ... it is a small team at Renaissance Golf Publishing! --  and we will start putting the first batch in the post on Monday.  I will try to process the orders from first in to first out, except for those with special requests, which I'll do as I have time. 

Please be patient with us, it's a new system and we want to make sure we don't screw anything up.

I'm working on some of the US orders this weekend.  Next week I'll start tackling the dreaded customs forms and other issues that go along with international shipments ... those will likely go slower but we will do our best.

Thanks to everyone who's ordered a book.  I don't think you'll be disappointed when you see it.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2014, 06:14:41 PM »
Christmas comes early!

Thanks for the update, Tom.

Paul Gray

« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2014, 06:39:38 PM »
Sorry Tom but does that mean holding fire on the order or should those of us happy to wait for slower distribution still go ahead and order?
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Tom_Doak

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2014, 09:12:21 PM »
Paul:

I will ask you to wait patiently for a few more days until the line item for overseas shipping is corrected.  It should be done sometime next week.  Now that I finally have a book and packaging to weigh, we'll find out what the real options are for shipping.

Paul Gray

« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2014, 07:08:53 AM »
Tom,

Greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Paul

Andy Gray

« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2014, 06:37:56 PM »
I just trialled an overseas address after choosing the order all five option, did I read it correctly that it is only $5 shipping to Sydney per book? I may have missed it somewhere, is it safe to proceed with the overseas order?

AJ_Foote

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2014, 10:37:16 PM »
Andy

Just received an email saying Aussies can order direct from the planet golf website for $69 all up.

Andrew

Brian Freeman

« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2014, 11:17:26 PM »
Just ordered.  Can't wait to see it.

Andy Gray

« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2014, 09:41:53 PM »
Thanks AJ,

I was hoping to benefit from Tom's offer to sign all pre ordered books, hopefully he is still signing them?!

Andy

Tom_Doak

« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2014, 08:35:58 PM »
Thanks AJ,

I was hoping to benefit from Tom's offer to sign all pre ordered books, hopefully he is still signing them?!

Andy

Andy:

In Australia, you have two choices.  You can order the book from Darius, who just received his shipment as part of his author agreement.  Or, you can purchase a signed copy from me.  The shipping is $25 per volume ... so if you want the signed copy of the set it will be US $81 including air mail.  I'm happy whichever way you choose.

I am only going to take orders for signed books for the first 1000 books, however long they last [there are somewhere between 100 and 200 left of these].  If there is a Christmas rush, there is no way I'll be able to keep up with signing them all.

The web site is now correctly taking orders with overseas shipping attached, I just checked to be certain.

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2014, 09:31:12 PM »
Tom - Ordered 2 Volumes. My shipping address is temporary cause I'm on the road. It will likely be different for the next volumes. Let me know if the Ren Cup book was already shipped and to where.

Safe travels to Haikou. Take some pictures, please. I'd love to see and hear what its like these days.

J

David_Elvins

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2014, 10:36:55 PM »

Tom,

Love the book. Thanks a lot to all that contributed. 

A great travel guide, and from what I have seen the photos selected do a magnificent job of capturing the essence of the golf courses featured.

PS. You got Burnham and Berrow wrong.

Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2014, 05:53:34 PM »
Got home tonight to find mine on the front porch. Looks awesome, but my dog isn't interested in waiting for me to review it before our walk.

Michael Marzec

« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2014, 07:39:01 PM »
Got my -- autographed -- copy today. Thanks, Tom! Looks great. Looking forward to sitting down with it for a good read.
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. And furthermore, always carry a small snake." - W.C. Fields

Terry Lavin

« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2014, 07:59:26 PM »
The eagle has landed. Happy Geek Day!  Thanks to my benefactors, Bart and Ed!!!
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Andy Gray

« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2014, 08:01:15 PM »
Thanks Tom,

I have placed an order with you yesterday, or rather, my Dad did because he wanted to buy them for me for my birthday. To me, the extra $12 per volume including shipping is worth the signed copies! Not sure if these will be personalised at all, so if you see an order from Duncan Gray, it's for me.

Really looking forward to getting stuck in to the book. Congratulations to you and the team for producing these, it must have been a huge undertaking.

Andy

Thanks AJ,

Andy

Andy:

In Australia, you have two choices.  You can order the book from Darius, who just received his shipment as part of his author agreement.  Or, you can purchase a signed copy from me.  The shipping is $25 per volume ... so if you want the signed copy of the set it will be US $81 including air mail.  I'm happy whichever way you choose.

I am only going to take orders for signed books for the first 1000 books, however long they last [there are somewhere between 100 and 200 left of these].  If there is a Christmas rush, there is no way I'll be able to keep up with signing them all.

The web site is now correctly taking orders with overseas shipping attached, I just checked to be certain.

Scott Warren

« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2014, 02:57:50 PM »
If the inscriptions are personalised, I'm tempted to order a signed one just to see what I get!!

Mark_F

« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2014, 04:20:41 PM »
If the inscriptions are personalised, I'm tempted to order a signed one just to see what I get!!

"You're a bigger bitch than Geoff Shackelford", maybe?

Scott Warren

« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2014, 09:40:28 PM »
"Dearest Scott, if this book were GCA.com, you'd be the Castle Course. Love, Tom." ;D

Paul Gray

« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2014, 01:41:53 PM »
Tom, Ran, anyone involved..........

Sorry to go on but I'm getting twitchy about getting my signed copy for Christmas via the slow shipping channels. Any news on this or should I continue to hold fire?

If it's going to be a problem I can just tell the Lady of the Manor to go ahead and accept that $40 is the shipping cost. She'll tell me it's expensive for a book but it's not her present!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:32:26 PM by Paul Gray »

Brent Carlson

« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2014, 12:09:06 AM »
I have received my copy and it is a great book indeed - a worth successor to the original edition.  Congratulations to Tom, Ran and team.  I look forward to the forthcoming books as well.

Ben Sims

« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2014, 12:24:58 AM »

No excuse, I hadn't competed my order yet. Tonight I go online and get it done, the processing system works flawlessly and informs me I am order #946. Personal opinion, I think it a bit gauche to request a signed copy upon ordering. But I sure am glad I got in under the 1000. Looking forward to it!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back