News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adrian_Stiff

Re: Ordering information for The Confidential Guide
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2014, 09:33:34 AM »
How many in a box Tom? I am thinking I might give one each as a xmas present for our golf committee, Ben will want one. Do you have any plans to retail them perhaps through pro-shops (they would want to make a 25% margin probably).
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Cristian

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2014, 09:57:43 AM »
I regularly buy books from the US. International shipping costs for one medium-sized book are usually as follows to mainland europe (Netherlands) from the US:

delivery 2 days (priority): 30 USD
delivery 2 weeks (expedited): 12.50 USD
delivery 4-6 weeks (standard): 8.00 USD

If this is similar I would like to opt for the expedited delivery option.

If shipping and handling is cheaper when ordering several copies simultaneously, than that would be interesting as I would know some takers here in the Netherlands as well, or it would make for a great birthday present to friends!

Cristian:

Who does the shipping at the prices you mention above?

U.S. international air mail quote for the book is $40.  Fed Ex prices were more than the price of the book.  We are doing our best to sort it out, as I have about twenty free copies to deliver to the UK, in addition to people who order it.  I would hope to sell 200+ books in the UK eventually.

For certain, shipping and handling prices will go down when we can box up +/- 10 books at a time.

These are the prices quoted for shipping by websites like amazon where I buy books regularly. Perhaps they can offer the lowest rates because they ship in volumes, I am not sure. In that case it is perhaps easiest to sell/buy via Amazon, if the book will be offered there.

I think you will sell a lot more than 200 books in the UK eventually, as there are very few quality review books available that I have found....

Michael Essig

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2014, 01:23:43 PM »
I just tried to buy the book, and after putting my credit card information in, and hit "Process Order", I was taken back to my "Cart."  So, I re-entered my credit card information, and hit "Process Order" again, and the exact same thing happened.  So, I either just bought two sets, or no sets. 

I received no confirmation of the order.

I sent an email to Renaissance Design on their website, but I can't be the only one this has happened to.  Help?  Thanks.

Greg Gilson

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2014, 03:43:08 PM »
Tom, I know you are probably swamped by this in a way you had not been expected. I would like to buy 10+/- sets (of the 5 volumes)  for delivery to Australia. Naturally, I am hoping that drives some sort of bulk price on the shipping as well as the books themselves? I am flexible on the actual final number I purchase and will be happy to take anything up to 15 or thereabouts - whatever the number that fits into a "box" or standard shipping package convenient for you.

I also have not really thought this through but I am also happy to act as a local distribution point (I am based in Melbourne). If it makes economic sense to ship your Australian sales in bulk to me & I mail out locally from here - let me know. It may be more trouble than its worth but the offer is there. Just PM me if you are interested.

Jim Sherma

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2014, 04:00:27 PM »
Just put my order in, no problems with the processing here. The excitement that i felt when I saw these were ready for ordering is proof of how far down the rabbithole I have fallen.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2014, 04:05:21 PM »
Tom, I know you are probably swamped by this in a way you had not been expected. I would like to buy 10+/- sets (of the 5 volumes)  for delivery to Australia. Naturally, I am hoping that drives some sort of bulk price on the shipping as well as the books themselves? I am flexible on the actual final number I purchase and will be happy to take anything up to 15 or thereabouts - whatever the number that fits into a "box" or standard shipping package convenient for you.

I also have not really thought this through but I am also happy to act as a local distribution point (I am based in Melbourne). If it makes economic sense to ship your Australian sales in bulk to me & I mail out locally from here - let me know. It may be more trouble than its worth but the offer is there. Just PM me if you are interested.

Greg:

I appreciate your offer but I've already got a partner and co-author Down Under ... Darius Oliver is going to take delivery of a couple hundred books to sell in Australia.  I am sure he will be happy to take an order with you when he gets back from Europe in a few weeks.

I should have thought to enlist a partner in the UK or Europe so I had someone to dump the distribution issue upon over there!

Greg Taylor

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2014, 05:14:50 PM »
We need delivery to the UK... It is a book about golf courses in the UK after all...!

Anders Rytter

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2014, 02:45:45 AM »
If you ship the European orders to me in bulk i dont mind reshipping. Atleast if it's not that many books.

I live in Copenhagen Denmark
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 02:49:13 AM by Anders Rytter »

Tom Kelly

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2014, 09:00:56 AM »
I'm another UK buyer would go in on bulk shipping if it works out best.

Not worried about how long it takes to get here.

Michael Essig

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2014, 12:45:37 PM »
I just tried to buy the book, and after putting my credit card information in, and hit "Process Order", I was taken back to my "Cart."  So, I re-entered my credit card information, and hit "Process Order" again, and the exact same thing happened.  So, I either just bought two sets, or no sets. 

I received no confirmation of the order.

I sent an email to Renaissance Design on their website, but I can't be the only one this has happened to.  Help?  Thanks.

FYI.  I tried again this morning to order the books, and the exact same thing happened as yesterday - sent back to the cart after hitting "Process Order.".  SO, I changed my shipping address to be the same as my billing address (instead of my office where I have everything delivered), and it worked.

Paul Gray

« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2014, 05:35:28 PM »
How many in a box Tom? I am thinking I might give one each as a xmas present for our golf committee, Ben will want one. Do you have any plans to retail them perhaps through pro-shops (they would want to make a 25% margin probably).

This I like. I've long been a fan of surreptitious education.  ;)
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2014, 07:13:39 AM »
Our best prices for shipping the GCA shirts in the US and overseas has been the USPS. 

Scott Stambaugh

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2014, 04:56:13 PM »
Scott

They do not deliver mail to our address here so I'm required to have a p.o. box.  I usually include both street and p.o. box addresses in case an item comes fed ex, ups, or mail. 

Thanks Adam.  I didn't realize you could place the order this way.  Done!

Scott

Ed Tilley

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2014, 04:31:43 AM »
Do we have any update on the cost of shipping to the UK? I've just placed an order for 2 and it had a cost of $10 for shipping. When I tried to order a few weeks ago it said US shipping only but now you can select country from a drop down list which I've done. I don't know whether this means my order will be shipped or I'll be contacted to say I need to pay more ???

Greg Taylor

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2014, 06:18:27 AM »
+1 on shipping to the UK... I'm chomping at the bit...!

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2014, 06:30:42 AM »
10 copies for me please, don't tell Ben Stephens one is his xmas present.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.

Greg Taylor

« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2014, 07:14:48 AM »
I just ordered and yes, you can select other countries.

The order is accepted so I have legally binding contract with Tom Doak to the effect that the Confidential Guide will be delivered to my address in the UK... BOOM BABY!

Niall C

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2014, 11:09:57 AM »
I just ordered and yes, you can select other countries.

The order is accepted so I have legally binding contract with Tom Doak to the effect that the Confidential Guide will be delivered to my address in the UK... BOOM BABY!

I've just ordered a copy of the British guide, or at least I think I have. With my computer skills I might well have instructed Renaissance to design a new course.

Niall

Tom_Doak

« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2014, 10:19:38 AM »
Niall:

I did announce at dinner that everyone who attended the Renaissance Cup would receive a free copy.  Let me know if you want to purchase a second copy, or we'll void your order.  Also, I need an address for your guest who helped take my team down.

Adrian:

Ben Stephens will receive a free book as well, per the above, so no need to buy him one.

Jason Connor

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2014, 06:12:17 PM »
Just ordered the complete set.

I hope Ran is increasing Bandwidth.  This site might crash after the first Volume ships.
We discovered that in good company there is no such thing as a bad golf course.  - James Dodson

Tom Kelly

« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2014, 03:27:19 AM »
Tom,
If I want a copy shipped to the UK should I go ahead and order form the website now and shipping cost will be sorted later or wait until the correct shipping cost are shown on the website during payment?
Thanks

Stephen Hynes

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2014, 01:32:27 PM »
Just ordered a copy of Volume 1 to the UK - the order was completed - looking forward to receiving the book.

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2014, 07:12:01 PM »
Nothing taken from my account yet.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2014, 10:20:26 PM »
Nothing taken from my account yet.

We won't actually charge anyone's cards until we are ready to ship the books.  They're supposed to arrive at my office on Friday.

I have been exploring options for overseas shipping, and unfortunately, none of them are all that great.  Air mail to the UK or Europe will be on the order of US $40 (!) ... won't know the exact number until I have a book in hand.  But, shipping them in bulk to the UK and paying someone there to package them and post them, would cost almost as much.  I think we will have to raise the shipping fee for overseas orders to $25 and split the difference with the buyer.  This option should show up on the web page in a couple of days.

We will be in contact with those who have ordered from overseas in the next few days to see if this is acceptable, or whether they would prefer slow-boat shipping.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2014, 04:08:40 PM »
We won't actually charge anyone's cards until we are ready to ship the books.  They're supposed to arrive at my office on Friday.

That was quick. Already received a receipt that I was charged for my book. Those who ordered it should be on the look out for an email from Brian Lewis with the subject:    "Renaissance Golf Publishing Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation"

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back