News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ran Morrissett

Ordering information for The Confidential Guide
« on: September 11, 2014, 04:30:07 PM »
Here is the link to order The Confidential Guide to Golf Courses:

http://www.renaissancegolf.com/books/buy_the_guide

You can order Volume 1 on GB&I or the set. Your credit card is charged at the time each volume ships. 

Volume 1 has an expected ship date of mid to late October.

Best,

Bill Seitz

Re: Ordering information for The Confidential Guide
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 04:51:32 PM »
Ran and/or Tom:

I like the idea of the discount for all five volumes, but one quick question: Will we be contacted beforehand to update shipping and/or billing information?  I imagine my current credit card won't work in 2016 due to the expiration date, and as a city dweller, I'm also certain to move at some point in the next couple years.  
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:38:01 PM by Bill Seitz »

Emil Weber

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 04:59:50 PM »
This might have been discussed before - what about orders to Continental Europe?

Howard Riefs

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 05:16:47 PM »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 06:03:57 PM by Howard Riefs »
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

PCCraig

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 05:30:17 PM »
Thank you. I just ordered the first volume.

Is there any chance of requesting a signed copy?
H.P.S.

John Crowley

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 05:48:12 PM »

Ditto

Ash Towe

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 05:49:45 PM »
A signed copy would be greatly appreciated.

Shipping cost for overseas orders would also be a help.

Stephen Davis

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 05:52:14 PM »
+4 on the signed copy. The author's hands might get a bit tired, but the gesture would be extremely appreciated if possible.

Anders Rytter

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 05:57:41 PM »
This might have been discussed before - what about orders to Continental Europe?

I think Emil is asking about shipping to Europe? I'm all ears. Also re a signed copy, (by all or any of the authors)

Howard Riefs

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 06:03:43 PM »

I think Emil is asking about shipping to Europe? I'm all ears. 

Oops.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 07:08:47 PM »
Are the volumes shipped UPS or Fed Ex or US mail?  My physical address is different from my mailing address.  If they ship UPS or Fed Ex I will use my physical address.  If US mail then my PO Box.
Thanks
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Wyatt Halliday

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 07:14:28 PM »
For signed copy fanatics such as myself, the plan is as follows (Applies to US only):

Step 1: BUY BOOK(s)
Step 2: Ship book(s) to Mr. Doak with polite note asking for signature. Include paid return shipping label and packaging.
Step 3: Wait 60-90 days for return depending on location of Mr. Doak.
Step 4: Ship book(s) to Mr. Morrissett with polite note asking for signature. Include paid return shipping label and packaging.
Step 5: Wait 60-90 days for return depending on how polite and/or well written your letter was.
Step 6: Ship book(s) to Mr. Oliver with polite note asking for signature. Include paid return shipping label and packaging.
Step 7: Wait 60-90 days for return. THIS MAN LIVES IN AUSTRALIA PEOPLE.
Step 8: Ship book(s) to Mr. Nishijima with polite note asking for signature. Include paid return shipping label and packaging.
Step 9: Wait 60-90 days for return (maybe sooner, if you get creative on shipping labels included to Mr. Oliver)
Step 10: At this point, Volume 2 will be released, rinse and repeat as directed above.
Step 11: Volume 3...and on and on.

Think of it as a quarterly conference call. There is always something to look forward to.

Tyler Kearns

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 07:20:34 PM »
Tom,

Shipping prices to Canada?

Thanks in advance,

TK

Stephen Davis

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 07:54:18 PM »
For signed copy fanatics such as myself, the plan is as follows (Applies to US only):

Step 1: BUY BOOK(s)
Step 2: Ship book(s) to Mr. Doak with polite note asking for signature. Include paid return shipping label and packaging.
Step 3: Wait 60-90 days for return depending on location of Mr. Doak.
Step 4: Ship book(s) to Mr. Morrissett with polite note asking for signature. Include paid return shipping label and packaging.
Step 5: Wait 60-90 days for return depending on how polite and/or well written your letter was.
Step 6: Ship book(s) to Mr. Oliver with polite note asking for signature. Include paid return shipping label and packaging.
Step 7: Wait 60-90 days for return. THIS MAN LIVES IN AUSTRALIA PEOPLE.
Step 8: Ship book(s) to Mr. Nishijima with polite note asking for signature. Include paid return shipping label and packaging.
Step 9: Wait 60-90 days for return (maybe sooner, if you get creative on shipping labels included to Mr. Oliver)
Step 10: At this point, Volume 2 will be released, rinse and repeat as directed above.
Step 11: Volume 3...and on and on.

Think of it as a quarterly conference call. There is always something to look forward to.

That is a solid plan Wyatt!

Tom_Doak

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 09:03:17 PM »
Ran and/or Tom:

I like the idea of the discount for all five volumes, but one quick question: Will we be contacted beforehand to update shipping and/or billing information?  I imagine my current credit card won't work in 2016 due to the expiration date, and as a city dweller, I'm also certain to move at some point in the next couple years.  

Bill:

Yes, we will have to contact you in a year to update things, if the date on your card is expired.  I guess we'll probably have to contract everyone anyway to double-check changes of address.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 09:04:45 PM »

The plan is for me to sign ALL of the pre-ordered books before we ship them, so that people don't have to ship them back and forth. 

This may be biting off more than I can chew, I really don't know.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 09:07:44 PM »
I will have to get back to you all about shipping costs for overseas orders next week.  It was being explored while I've been away.  Just returned home tonight.

Just as an informal survey, would you rather I ship the book the least expensive way [and wait for a while] or have you pay for shipping?

Ash Towe

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »
Tom,

One solution would be to contact the overseas purchasers with the shipping options, let us choose and tag it on to the purchase price.

JR Potts

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 09:32:32 PM »
Christmas presents just taken care of.....sweet.

Earliest I've finished shopping ever.

Li Na

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 09:33:27 PM »
Hello Tom,

Is it possible for international booking ???
I am in South Korea now and will move to China and it's limit to US.
Please preserve two copies for me.

Thank you.

Ed Tilley

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 04:23:37 AM »
I will have to get back to you all about shipping costs for overseas orders next week.  It was being explored while I've been away.  Just returned home tonight.

Just as an informal survey, would you rather I ship the book the least expensive way [and wait for a while] or have you pay for shipping?

If you could get back to us before next Friday that would be great - the pound is going to collapse when Scotland votes for independence on Thursday!

I'd take the least cost option as long as they arrive before Christmas.

Anders Rytter

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 08:15:38 AM »

I would prefer faster shipping, but it's not a big deal if most prefer to save money.

Ran Morrissett

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 08:41:11 AM »
A couple of brief answers:

1) Yes, people will be contacted for new addresses and credit cards on subsequent volumes.
2) Yes, books will be shipped around the world. The cost to do so is more than $10 and is being determined now.

PCCraig

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 09:37:18 AM »

The plan is for me to sign ALL of the pre-ordered books before we ship them, so that people don't have to ship them back and forth. 

This may be biting off more than I can chew, I really don't know.

Thank you for signing the books before they are sent out. The gesture is very much appreciated!
H.P.S.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 10:20:10 AM »
Thankful that this ordering process was easier than with the new iPhone 6.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back