News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Frank M

Park Country Club Buffalo
« on: September 01, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »
Had the opportunity to get out to Park Country Club in Buffalo (of Buffalo?) and, though it may be that I missed many of the threads, I'm surprised there isn't much talk about this gem. Despite the hydro corridor that bisects the property (which is essentially used as the driving range), I think it's a great example of design on pretty flat land (fitting that it is called Park).

Every ridge and slight dip in the property is used marvelously and the finishing holes, which work along Ellicott Creek, are quite good. There are some interesting greens with some great surrounds, a solid set of par-3s, some very good par-4s and 5s, some awesome views of the gorgeous clubhouse and just very solid golf all around. The conditions were very good (the course played pretty firm) and the 18th green with a front pin is knee trembling.

If there's any interest I can post some pictures.

What say you?  
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:15:25 PM by Frank Mastroianni »

Ronald Montesano

Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Frank M

Re: Park Country Club Buffalo
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 09:40:17 PM »
Thanks Ronald.

My horrible search ability has now been exposed.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 10:08:40 PM »
It's not you. I knew the thread was there and I still had to use five or six combinations to bring it up. I don't know what metric GCA uses for search, but it is certainly a raw one.

I'd like to see your photos. Ian Andrew did a wonderful job with the resto to the Alison course. They tell me Colt had nothing to do with the place, which is a shame, but that's life. My shots are from 2-3 years back, so newer ones are welcome.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Ian Andrew

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 04:23:40 PM »
They've undergone a massive re-grassing effort around the greens (includes expansion of greens and short grass beyond) and around the bunkers (running fairway right into the bunkers) over the past five years. It continues to improve each year and "play" far better than it looks (land is average - but the architecture at the greens is not).

Nature helped with around five hundred trees removed a decade back. Rest have been picked off with only a handful remaining on the list to go. Half the bunkers are done, but many need to be returned to the grass faced bunkers which they began as.

I would say Park CC is 90% of the way done.
-

Frank M

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 11:53:02 PM »
Ian, all I can say is it's very.....awesome out there!

Loved it all.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back