News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob Marshall

I played the east a few years ago, it was short but it was a lot of fun. I'm thinking of playing the west in November. Has anyone played the west? Comments?
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Mark Steffey

Re: Anyone played the two Ross courses at Bellaire CC in Clearwater?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 07:26:32 PM »
I played the east a few years ago, it was short but it was a lot of fun. I'm thinking of playing the west in November. Has anyone played the west? Comments?

i worked there a summer many years ago and with many members away for the season i was able to play almost every day.  i've been back a couple times and last played two january's ago.
i would play the west over the east 8/10 times.  not too many people here are fans of bcc it seems, but for a flat florida course there are a couple fun holes on the west.  2 is a fun short par 4.  the 6th is a neat par 5 played on a bluff overlooking the intercoastal waterway.  there is a strong finish there.  14 is a very good par 4.  15 is a par 3 back over the gully that you play on 14's approach.  17 and 18 are not pushover to finish your round.
when you play the west you are constantly reminded that you are on the water.  the east really only gives one an idea of the location there on 14-16 and even then you see the IWW going down 14 and then it's at your back.  with the sw corner of the west course exposed off the bluff you  have views of the gulf and feel the breeze during a number of holes.

i am a fan of bcc west.

Rob Marshall

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 03:13:17 PM »

i worked there a summer many years ago and with many members away for the season i was able to play almost every day.  i've been back a couple times and last played two january's ago.
i would play the west over the east 8/10 times.  not too many people here are fans of bcc it seems, but for a flat florida course there are a couple fun holes on the west.  2 is a fun short par 4.  the 6th is a neat par 5 played on a bluff overlooking the intercoastal waterway.  there is a strong finish there.  14 is a very good par 4.  15 is a par 3 back over the gully that you play on 14's approach.  17 and 18 are not pushover to finish your round.
when you play the west you are constantly reminded that you are on the water.  the east really only gives one an idea of the location there on 14-16 and even then you see the IWW going down 14 and then it's at your back.  with the sw corner of the west course exposed off the bluff you  have views of the gulf and feel the breeze during a number of holes.

i am a fan of bcc west.

Thanks Mark, the East does have that par 4 on the back that drops off pretty steeply to the water. Other than that you're right it was pretty flat. I think I'll give them a shout and see if I can get out on the West.  From your description it sounds like its worth a look.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 04:16:18 PM »
I must have played the West because there was no distinctive feature of any kind!   ;D

There were a couple of interesting greens but they looked more like on of Billy Schulz's "ruinvation" greens, big swoops unlike other Ross greens I've seen.   Nothing memorable at Bellaire West.   

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back