News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ryan McLaughlin

Re: 2023 US Open to Los Angeles CC?
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2014, 12:20:04 AM »
I am really happy to hear that they are looking outside the i95 corridor.  Yes logistic will be a nightmare..... It's hard enough to get though their on the best day without a tourney.  Don't forget...by then the Rams will have built their new stadium in Hollywood Park and the logistics will be much better.

Kerry Gray

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2014, 02:44:30 AM »
Should the members be concerned about further changes the USGA will require to the course?
I don't think hosting US Opens has done much to increase the playability of a course for members long after it's gone.
What happens if they send a Jones or Fazio in to add bunkers and tees?
I can only imagine how good Oakland Hills was before a half a dozen architects tried to make it harder. It's still good now but the best holes are the ones that have been touched the least.

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2014, 03:09:47 PM »
I am really happy to hear that they are looking outside the i95 corridor.  Yes logistic will be a nightmare..... It's hard enough to get though their on the best day without a tourney.  Don't forget...by then the Rams will have built their new stadium in Hollywood Park and the logistics will be much better.

Ryan

i95 or not, how many more people will be living in Los Angels ten years hence? With the current influx from a flawed immigration policy we have not seen anything like this before.

Bob

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back