News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Herrmann

Re: Golf in Bend, OR
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2014, 02:58:35 PM »
It really is amazing how much golf has sprung up in Bend/Redmond in the last 20 years.  When I lived in Portland, there really wasn't much other than Sunriver and Eagle Crest.

Daryl David

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2014, 05:30:32 PM »
It really is amazing how much golf has sprung up in Bend/Redmond in the last 20 years.  When I lived in Portland, there really wasn't much other than Sunriver and Eagle Crest.

Unfortunately the most interesting project didn't spring forth:  Wicked Pony.  Too bad.  :'(

Chris DeToro

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2014, 08:57:43 PM »
Wicked Pony--great name for a golf course

Tom_Doak

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 09:09:17 PM »

Unfortunately the most interesting project didn't spring forth:  Wicked Pony.  Too bad.  :'(

Yes, too bad.

There was someone looking to buy it out of bankruptcy a year ago, with the possibility of finishing the golf course, but I just got a letter from the bankruptcy court last month that the deal had fallen through.  I had not gotten my hopes up.  It was a great site for a golf course except that it cost too much to build one there.  I don't know how any of those courses have paid off for investors, if they are all sitting right on top of lava rock.

Jordan Wall

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2014, 04:16:57 PM »
Thought Tetherow was great. Hard and a bit extreme, but fantastic. The Scotch Eggs were fantastic at the restaurant.

Also went out to Brasada Ranch and loved it.  Any thoughts on Brasada?

Next time I go to Bend I am decking out in University of Washington gear.

John Foley

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2014, 05:44:04 PM »
Tom - can you share some details on Wicked Pony - Routing plan or drawings? Any pics of construction? It' has to be one of the best golf course names ever - sad to see it was never finished.
Integrity in the moment of choice

Tom_Doak

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2014, 06:19:37 PM »
Tom - can you share some details on Wicked Pony - Routing plan or drawings? Any pics of construction? It' has to be one of the best golf course names ever - sad to see it was never finished.

Pretty busy for that right now.  Ask me in November when things slow down a bit!

John Foley

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2014, 08:24:53 PM »
I shall hold you to that offer!
Integrity in the moment of choice

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2014, 08:38:12 PM »

John,
On maps go east from Redmond, OR (towards Prineville) along US 126. When you get to the intersection with Powell Butte Hwy hop in a ATV and head directly north and you should run into what is still on the ground.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back