News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Bourgeois

Re: Easy AND Interesting
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2014, 08:46:05 AM »
Think of a course you know that is interesting but not easy. If you moved up one set of tees would it still be interesting? Why / why not?
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

Sean_A

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2014, 12:17:22 PM »
Think of a course you know that is interesting but not easy. If you moved up one set of tees would it still be interesting? Why / why not?

I could give the same answer, North Berwick.  Where is this conversation going?  I feel like my priest is trying to get me to confess  :D

Just come out with it.  I know you are bursting to rabbit on about Westward Ho!  ;D

Ciao  
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2014, 01:33:20 PM »
Actually I was thinking of the comments regarding Gamble Sands, so there. 

As for where I'm going, the most-difficult course to design must be one that's easy yet interesting, yes? In which case I'm curious how to do that. I would guess the easy way to do that is to make it short with roiling greens. But why don't we up the challenge from there: what features enables a course to be easy yet interesting without necessarily being 5,000 yards long and / or Three Jack City?

Can it be done?

I would add that I'm interested in how you would do it if starting today. Do old courses changed utterly by technology (I&B + agronomy) even count -- or are those just happy accidents?

Now that you've insisted on revealing our destination, it's your responsibility to make the drive interesting. You're on the clock, get going.  :-*
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back