News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Warren

During my time living in the Louisville area, I have been added to multiple e-mail blasts from area golf courses.  Recently I received an email from this course, a good course just across the river, but nothing spectacular.  The e-mail talks about the "major course renovation" they are doing and the period of time they have been closed. 

Generally this is something I would hear about, particularly considering that reno's in this area are not a regular occurrence to date.  I believe this is a course that Fuzzy Zoeller grew up playing, as he grew up in Floyds Knobs and currently lives there.  All I have been able to un-cover regarding the renovation is that Fuzzy came out and walked the course one day and recommended an architect to come out and renovate the course. 

You guys may have some additional resources to find out the info on this project.  Any information out there about who the architect is and maybe what the plan is for the project? I believe the course plans to re-open sometime next year.

Michael Blake

Adam,

The homepage of the club's website has info.
Paul Albanese & Chris Lutzke are doing the work.

Adam Warren

I see that now.  I had gone to their webpage and assumed the home page was the same stuff and clicked directly on the course renovation option which was empty.  I can't say I'm familiar with those folks and wonder if they are more "builders" than architects since it says they have worked on Whistling Straits, Crooked Stick, etc?

Thanks for setting me straight though with the info on who is involved.

Tom_Doak

I see that now.  I had gone to their webpage and assumed the home page was the same stuff and clicked directly on the course renovation option which was empty.  I can't say I'm familiar with those folks and wonder if they are more "builders" than architects since it says they have worked on Whistling Straits, Crooked Stick, etc?

Thanks for setting me straight though with the info on who is involved.

Paul Albanese worked for Jerry Matthews and Ray Hearn before going out on his own as an architect, in partnership with Chris Lutzke.

Chris is a shaper and a very good one.  I don't know how much of the time he is free to "design" features on his own, but I give my own shapers a lot of leeway to sort out design issues, and I think their product is better than what most "architects" would deliver.

Nigel Islam

Adam, I am somewhat familiar with VV. I believe they are doing something significant with the 11th hole that is blind tee shot. They might even be doing something with the quirky tenth as well. Additionally they have had some drainage issues that are being resolved. All of this is word of mouth so take it with a grain of salt.
      I believe Fuzzy Zoeller grew up in a house on the old Valley View course, an executive course you probably know as Cherry Valley. As I understand it Valley View was built in the 60s, and Bill Diddel is credited although he must have been in his 70s at the time.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back