News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Simon Pain

Re: All Things Draw Toward ST ENODOC (Dos)
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2014, 09:35:17 AM »
Thanks for your comments on my replies to your initial views and Tony & Mark accepting my remarks on the watering. Until such time as the insurers make their final decisions we can do no major repairs but they did tip up £10,000 to effect temporary repairs which was encouraging that we do have a valid claim and it was not an uncovered act of God! As for the flowers I know where you are coming from but all I would add is that over the last 5 years we have tried to eliminate some of the uglier patches of brambles etc round the course (in front of the 17th tee a good example) and generally tidy the place up; where that ends and making it look like someones prize garden is a mute point!
Lynn firstly I am in Pinehurst but the mound in front of the 14th green has always been there. With regard to lengthening the 16th I doubt if we would have done it by just pushing the tee back further as half the object was to make use of the magnificent dunes where the new green now is. There is no doubt that the closing 3 holes are tough into wind but I can think of Littlestone where the last 3 are really difficult into the prevailing wind and isn't it a feature of great courses to have a tough finish? I have to say that is one reason that I find the finish of Dornoch so disappointing with 3 really weak closing holes which detract from the wonderful front 9. In fact I think the 18th there is one of the poorest closing holes on any course I have played. Compare that to the 18th at Boat of Garten!

Thomas Dai

Re: All Things Draw Toward ST ENODOC (Dos)
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2015, 07:40:27 AM »
For those who like olde golf course photos if you have a look at the St Enodoc GC website you will find a whole bunch of terrific olde photos of the course going back to the early 1900's.

See St-Enodoc.co.uk. Then go to the The Club section, the Photos bit and they're under the heading "Pictures from the St Enodoc past"

Really terrific stuff.

Enjoy

Atb

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back