News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Don Hyslop

Canada's Top 100 in 2014 (Score Magazine)
« on: July 21, 2014, 09:19:36 AM »
This past weekend Score Magazine released there top 100 courses in Canada. Cabot Links has soared to number two in their rankings.
http://scoregolf.com/the100/2014-top-100-ranking/
Thompson golf holes were created to look as if they had always been there and were always meant to be there.

Ronald Montesano

Re: Canada's Top 100 in 2014 (Score Magazine)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 09:25:34 AM »
And the ranking is shot, with cherry hill and lookout point (90 & 93, respectively) behind some unworthy, modern courses.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Matt Bosela

Re: Canada's Top 100 in 2014 (Score Magazine)
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 02:57:35 PM »
Sagebrush looks phenomenally good in pics and on the most gorgeous looking site imaginable. Is it really only 10th best course in Canada? What are its deficiencies if so?

Brian,

Sagebrush has been slowly moving up the list and I'm happy to finally see it elevated into the top ten over Tobiano.  There may be room in future years to move up one or two spots (say, over Beacon Hall as an example) but most of the courses inside the top ten are deserving of that stature.

The most surprising move in the top ten is St. George's falling to #5, a very curious decline.  It's my #1 in this country but with an asterisk, as I haven't played Cabot yet.

Bill_McBride

Re: Canada's Top 100 in 2014 (Score Magazine) New
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 04:31:03 PM »
I'm happy to have played four Top 10 Canadian courses, two by classic genius Stanley Thompson (Capilano and Highland Links) and two by modern genius Rod Whitman (Cabot Links and Sagebrush).  

I've also played Royal Colwood (26) and Victoria Golf Club  8) (28).  Also excellent courses.   Victoria is Canada's Pebble Beach, except some of the holes are on the water rather than on a cliff top overlooking the water. 

My middle of Canada experience is pretty much nil.  
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:34:52 PM by Bill_McBride »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back