News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Re: I'm Sick Of This Truncated Thread Title BS
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2014, 08:00:47 PM »
It drives me crazy when Pat has a one word thread title but I always open them because he seldom disappoints with his topics. They are invariably thought provoking and golf architecturally focused.

He is The Most Interesting Man in Golf.

God help you if Pat mentioning pleasuring himself first is your idea of 'most interesting.'  ;D

You are, I'm sure, familiar with "irony."

Of course. Didn't doubt you for a minute.  ;D

Are you coming to the Buda?  Would love to have a pint.  Of Dos XX of course.   ;D

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2014, 10:11:57 PM »
Not my definition. I believe the first guy, who came up with this concept, was called Jesus.

I don't expect anyone to be generous. But if you pump yourself up about what a generous person you are, then expect to be held to your claim :)

I never "pumped" myself up, I merely stated some facts, facts that are in evidence on this site and elsewhere.

And, I have no interest in saving you, that's your responsibiilty.

And, you can start by tucking your shirt in.

This post has saddened me more than any in quite some time. Pat doesn't know Ulrich. He judges him because his shirt isn't tucked into his pants. Well, that might not fly at Garden City, but Ulrich is from Germany and acceptable golf attire is more casual there. Why Pat would dig through the website to try and find something, anything, to discredit Ulrich is sad to me. I perceive Pat as I better person than that, and I can assure those who have not met Ulrich (of which Pat is one) he is a fine fellow... considerate, cheerful, and great company on the golf course. Ulrich has been a wonderful participant of several Buda Cups and adds thoughtful commentary to this discussion board without seeking personal recognition. We could use a lot more Ulrich's on this site!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2014, 10:28:23 PM »
Not my definition. I believe the first guy, who came up with this concept, was called Jesus.

I don't expect anyone to be generous. But if you pump yourself up about what a generous person you are, then expect to be held to your claim :)

I never "pumped" myself up, I merely stated some facts, facts that are in evidence on this site and elsewhere.

And, I have no interest in saving you, that's your responsibiilty.

And, you can start by tucking your shirt in.

This post has saddened me more than any in quite some time. Pat doesn't know Ulrich. He judges him because his shirt isn't tucked into his pants.

Michael,

That's not true at all.
I'm afraid that you're a little late to the dance.
Ulrich initiated the personal attacks.
Maybe you should admonish him.

Well, that might not fly at Garden City, but Ulrich is from Germany and acceptable golf attire is more casual there.

Why Pat would dig through the website to try and find something, anything, to discredit Ulrich is sad to me.

I didn't dig, I was referred to the photo by others.

I perceive Pat as I better person than that, and I can assure those who have not met Ulrich (of which Pat is one) he is a fine fellow... considerate, cheerful, and great company on the golf course.

Since I haven't met him, I can't make that or any determination.
Ulrich initiated the Ad Hominem diatribe, hence I can only judge him by the unprovoked personal assault/s hes initiated.
Surely you've read this entire thread and can ascertain the chronological order of the posts.

Ulrich has been a wonderful participant of several Buda Cups and adds thoughtful commentary to this discussion board without seeking personal recognition.

That doesn't excuse the Ad Hominem diatribes.

We could use a lot more Ulrich's on this site!

What kind of purist golfer uses a putter that stands up on it's own ?
What kind of purist golfer then stands behind the self erect putter and lines it up.
What kind of golf does he play ?
Al Czervik golf ?

hhuffines

« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2014, 10:42:58 PM »
Did Ulrich do something illegal by using that putter?  I played against him at the Buda and enjoyed it although he beat me.  He and his wife went out of their way to help Bill and me navigate between courses and hotels over there.  They were fun to be with on and off the course and added to the enjoyment of being in the Netherlands.  Funny I didn't notice whether his or anyone else's shirts were in or out.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2014, 10:48:04 PM »
Did Ulrich do something illegal by using that putter?  I played against him at the Buda and enjoyed it although he beat me.  He and his wife went out of their way to help Bill and me navigate between courses and hotels over there.  They were fun to be with on and off the course and added to the enjoyment of being in the Netherlands.  Funny I didn't notice whether his or anyone else's shirts were in or out.

If you didn't notice, I would suggest that those playing with you not ask you to read greens for them.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2014, 01:07:33 AM »
Pat - what kind of putter do you use? Wouldn't be one of those long dongs, would it?

Also, it's unlike you to blame your indescretions on others... you decided to be Mr. Wasp and call Ulrich out with the photo. Man up and don't claim the dog ate your homework. At least it's been a while since I've seen you revert to your old trick of looking up someone's public record of GCA.com donations to point out that you top them in that area. Not very classy.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2014, 04:16:43 AM »
Pat - what kind of putter do you use? Wouldn't be one of those long dongs, would it?

Also, it's unlike you to blame your indescretions on others... you decided to be Mr. Wasp and call Ulrich out with the photo. Man up and don't claim the dog ate your homework. At least it's been a while since I've seen you revert to your old trick of looking up someone's public record of GCA.com donations to point out that you top them in that area. Not very classy.

That sound you hear is Pat tearing the kitchen sink out of the wall and throwing it at Ulrich. 

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2014, 04:44:09 AM »
I love those multi-topic threads ;-)

My current gamer on the greens is called the Bagger Vance 59 and it is manufactured by Mike Klais, a friend of mine, who I want to support. Therefore thanks to Pat Mucci for giving me the chance to plug it:

I also own a couple of other putters, which I used to play occasionally. Not sure which one I had in the bag at Royal Hague - does anyone remember?

In any case, whichever flat stick I use, my putting routine is pretty standard. Not sure what Pat's problem is with that. For the shirt I have the excuse that I already played 18 holes in pretty humid conditions and was barely conscious for the second 18 at Royal Hague :)

Ulrich

PS: Mike, it's not that long ago, just four days (reply #51)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:46:33 AM by Ulrich Mayring »
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2014, 07:56:26 AM »

Michael,

I vacillate between a 35 inch and a 50 inch putter, depending upon my confidence level.
I have no problem with either putter outside of five feet, it's inside of five feet that my stroke becomes uncooperative.
I do not and have never used a putter that stands up by itself.

Also, it's unlike you to blame your indescretions on others... you decided to be Mr. Wasp and call Ulrich out with the photo.

No, that's not true.
I received an email telling me to look at the Royal Hague thread, a thread I had not bothered to view prior to that email.
The sender of that email pointed out that Ulrich had his shirt untucked.
As to describing me as "Mr Wasp", I don't think wearing one's shirt tucked in is an indicator of being "waspy"
I'm unaware of a private club that allows shirts to be worn untucked.

Man up and don't claim the dog ate your homework.

I just stated the facts that were brought to my attention.

At least it's been a while since I've seen you revert to your old trick of looking up someone's public record of GCA.com donations to point out that you top them in that area. Not very classy.

Again, not true.
When someone questions your contributions to this site, it would be foolish not to include donations made by the respective parties.

Actions speak louder than words and I've contributed to this site in more ways than one, which is more than I can say for those questioning my contributions.

You never answered my question/s about who inititiated this exchange between Ulrich and me.
I haven't noticed if you admonished Ulrich for his personal attack.
Did I overlook one of your posts ?
Or is it a one way street where Ulrich gets to initiate personal attacks and I have to sit back and accept them, with your approval of course.
Time for you to rethink your position.

Mark Woodger

« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2014, 08:03:30 AM »
a friend and I when at university would discuss/argue about almost anything and the rule was that whomever turned to a personal attack about the person rather than the topic first lost the argument and the other would take great joy in saying "i think you lost that one" and the other would respond with "yeah i did" and we would then laugh and move onwards.

just something for folks to consider when resorting to personal attacks and maybe those who are subjected to personal attacks should simple reply with "I think you lost that one, chin up!" and we all move on.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2014, 08:21:11 AM »
a friend and I when at university would discuss/argue about almost anything and the rule was that whomever turned to a personal attack about the person rather than the topic first lost the argument and the other would take great joy in saying "i think you lost that one" and the other would respond with "yeah i did" and we would then laugh and move onwards.

just something for folks to consider when resorting to personal attacks and maybe those who are subjected to personal attacks should simple reply with "I think you lost that one, chin up!" and we all move on.

Mark I totally agree with your sentiment. So to save time, I've changed my footer.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2014, 08:25:06 AM »
This of course implies that both sides can recognize a personal attack. When one side insists on "merely stating facts" and "if it's true, then it can't be a personal attack", then that system doesn't work.

Therefore the only system that works is, if both parties agree that the receiver gets to define what is a personal attack on him and the sender has no say in it. I'm game for that, are you Mr. Mucci?

Ulrich

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2014, 11:36:13 PM »

This of course implies that both sides can recognize a personal attack. When one side insists on "merely stating facts" and "if it's true, then it can't be a personal attack", then that system doesn't work.

Therefore the only system that works is, if both parties agree that the receiver gets to define what is a personal attack on him and the sender has no say in it. I'm game for that, are you Mr. Mucci?

Ulrich,

The record speaks for itself.

Even a moron........., no, strike that, even a colossal moron, upon reviewing every reply on this thread, can see that you initiated the personal attack with reply # 66.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Ulrich

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2014, 04:35:25 AM »
Apparently you haven't reviewed your own postings, starting with #24, where you get personal towards me or even #8 and #16, where you call others morons. Face it, you're the bully and you are so set in your ways that you don't even realise it.

Ulrich

David_Elvins

« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2014, 06:54:59 AM »
Even a moron........., no, strike that, even a colossal moron, upon reviewing every reply on this thread, can see that you initiated the personal attack

Patrick,

As you know, I am a moron but even I am completely unable to understand this thread.  

It really doesn't make sense.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:12:34 AM by David_Elvins »
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Jeff Spittel

« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2014, 07:04:47 AM »
This thread should be retitled "The Real Housewives of CGA"
Fare and be well now, let your life proceed by its own design.

Anthony Butler

« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2014, 08:26:38 AM »
Still no explanation of the Win Murry situation?

I met her once and she inexplicably Facebook-friended me afterwards... I can't really write her and say "Hey Win, long time no see... are you not blowing the right people at the Golf Channel?" So a little intel would be appreciated.

Maybe they plan to move some of their shows out of the Champagne Room at the strip club... at that point, her slightly more demure approach might come back into favor..
Next!

JLahrman

« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2014, 10:40:57 AM »
This thread should be retitled "The Real Housewives of CGA"

+1 except that you meant GCA.

It's an embarrassing thread that reflects poorly on the website and several posters. But it's hard to turn your eyes away. Not unlike the Housewives.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2014, 12:00:11 PM »
Dear Pat:

I recommend practicing the "circle of death for a half hour or more as often as possible. Pick the hole on the practice green that has the most severe slope (the one most people tend to avoid!), put six tees around it and go around and around...maybe even rope in a friend so that you both spend less time raking the missed ones.    I make a lot more short putts now, and I bet you will too.

With great respect to everyone here, I really like Pat and think he's a great asset to the site.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2014, 12:32:10 PM »

Apparently you haven't reviewed your own postings, starting with #24, where you get personal towards me

You really are disingenuous.

You know that my reply # 24 was in response to your post # 21.
You initiated the personal attack on me, but forturnately, the chronology of our respective posts, proves you to be the initiating offfender and no amount of babble from you can change that order.

In post # 24, I didn't make any personal attacks upon you or your character, I merely asked about the putter you were using.

or even #8 and #16, where you call others morons.

My exchange and/or relationship with others has nothing to do with you and nothing to do with you initiating a personal attack on me.
As to my replies on # 8 and # 16, those are terms of endearment, mixed in with humor that obviously escapess you.

But, let's go to the heart of the matter, the thread itself is an attack upon my posting style.
But, you chose to jump in and pile on with personal attacks to suit your own dim witted agenda.
Then, when I respond in kind, you take offense, that's being disingenuous, but, you wouldn't know it if it hit you in the face.

Face it, you're the bully and you are so set in your ways that you don't even realise it.

You need to learn the meaning of the words "chronological order"

You and you alone initiated this exchange.
Take responsibility for your actions you dim witted untucked shirt while lining up your stand up putter from behind moron.

PCCraig

« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2014, 12:49:09 PM »
I'll chime in...I carefully use the OT

Ha!  ::)

H.P.S.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2014, 02:46:40 PM »
DC, that was graceful and classy.  +1? No, more like +10. #rolemodel
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Bill Gayne

« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2014, 06:11:42 PM »
Ronald Montesano starts this dumpster fire of a thread and walks away after post #1.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2014, 06:19:26 PM »
Ronald Montesano starts this dumpster fire of a thread and walks away after post #1.

That's what can happen when you throw a nuclear flash bang grenade into a full dumpster..... ;D

Paul Gray

« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2014, 06:22:32 PM »
It drives me crazy when Pat has a one word thread title but I always open them because he seldom disappoints with his topics. They are invariably thought provoking and golf architecturally focused.

He is The Most Interesting Man in Golf.

God help you if Pat mentioning pleasuring himself first is your idea of 'most interesting.'  ;D

You are, I'm sure, familiar with "irony."

Of course. Didn't doubt you for a minute.  ;D

Are you coming to the Buda?  Would love to have a pint.  Of Dos XX of course.   ;D

Unfortunately, BUDA has somewhat passed my radar without me really picking up on it. However, an excellent way to introduce a Dos XX reference so kudos to you.  ;D
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back