News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Pavy

Great Golf Holes of the World-3D Blu-ray "GIVE AWAY"
« on: June 28, 2014, 07:52:57 PM »
Viewing a golf course filmed in 3D on a 3D TV is something that needs to be seen to be believed- it's amazingly beautiful and has the ability to completely transfix the viewer and has far reaching possibilities for many sectors of the golf industry.

"Great Golf Holes of the World-3D" is a 3D Blu-ray comprising 72 Holes, presented as 4 composite courses- The Sublime: a compilation of links holes, The Monumental: a compilation of dramatic elevation changes, The Brilliant: a compilation of Par 3s and The Triumphant, a compilation of difficult and lengthy Par 4s. Each hole is filmed from the players perspective and also features a 3D Ball-flight as an indication of suggested line or approach. The production is devoid of narration, a decision taken to allow the viewer unobstructed complete visual immersion as the golfer would experience.

The project has been 5 years in the making and involves many of the usually referred to courses as well as a few from left field.

As the 3D needs to be experienced to comprehend the significance of this production, I'd like to give away 20 x 3D Blu-rays to GCA Members who have a 3D TV. If you have a 3D TV and would like a copy, send me a PM or email and I'll post it to you.

Whilst the 3D Blu-ray offers the highest quality viewing experience, we have also launched our website which allows all viewers, including viewers without a 3D TV, to experience 3D golf course viewing on conventional 2D screens with the aid of inexpensive 3D cardboard glasses.

During the course of this project many interesting observations have come to light as a result of the enhanced 3D viewing experience compared to traditional mediums. The most significant relates to how the game is perceived by the casual observer because of traditional broadcasting methods- is a traditional broadcast of a golf tournament an accurate representation of our great game? I'm willing to make a compelling case that it's not even close and could be one reason why the general public's perception of golf has remained as "a sport for old men". Approximately 70% of a traditional broadcast is focussed on putting, is this how we want golf portrayed?

A big personal shout out to Ran and RJ_Daley for their kind words of support and appraisal of the 3D Blu-ray.

Happy to answer any questions.

Bart Bradley

Re: Great Golf Holes of the World-3D Blu-ray "GIVE AWAY"
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 10:14:50 PM »
I would be interested.

Bart Bradley

Mark Pavy

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 09:25:58 PM »
Update: I've still got 15 x 3D Blu-rays to give away. Please PM if you want one.

Mark Pavy

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 03:46:45 PM »
Update: Still 8 available for good homes.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 04:16:17 PM »
PM sent

Mark Pavy

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 02:32:36 PM »
Update: I've still got 4 x 3D Blu-rays looking for good homes.

I've also got plenty of 3D glasses to give away. These 3D red/blue (anaglyph) glasses allow you to view 3D on a conventional 2D monitor. PM if you would like a pair.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:36:44 PM by Mark Pavy »

Mark Pavy

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 03:59:29 PM »
Update: I've got 2 left to give away.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 08:44:01 AM »
This BluRay is STUNNING.  I love it, and I can't thank Mark enough.

PCCraig

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 09:18:57 PM »
Would love one if still available.
H.P.S.

Tom Allen

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 11:30:04 AM »
This Blu Ray is a great idea, and has some incredible, simply amazing, imagery.  Very well done.   Thanks Mark!

Matt Bielawa

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 02:23:07 PM »
Agreed.  This was a really cool Blu-Ray, and I'm very appreciative.  Very well done.

Ryan Bass

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 04:09:41 PM »
Thanks again Mark.  I've enjoyed everything I've seen thus far. 

Mark Pavy

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 06:32:51 PM »
Thanks for the kind words and feedback  :)

Have any of you guys with the 3D TVs managed to work out how to watch our website content on the 3D TV? ie connect 3D TV as a 2nd monitor to a laptop/computer.

I'm also upgrading all GCA members rights so they can view the website HD content (for a minimum of 12 months) for free.

Let me know if you have any technical difficulties hooking up your 3D TV to your laptop/computer.

Mark

Emile Bonfiglio

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 12:54:10 AM »
Really cool to see golf in 3D. I was expecting things to pop out but I actually like the feel of depth it had. Thanks so much for the chance to be part of this!
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 09:13:23 PM »
The shots from Old Head actually scared me.  I have a touch of acrophobia and the cliffs there were pretty chilling to this "height wimp" :)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back