News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George Freeman

Re: 5th Annual Midwest Mashie (Oct. 4-5th) - Canterbury Golf Club!
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2014, 11:54:48 PM »
Bump
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Erik Mosley

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »
Hi all,

It looks like there are plenty of people signed up, but if there happens to be room for a newbie, I'm in!  I live in the area (Parma Heights), and would be thrilled to join either team.  I'm also certain my dad (Wayne) would volunteer to be a fill-in if someone had to back out last minute (I'd sign him up too, but I sadly haven't convinced him to join GCA).

Sounds like a great event - if I'm shut out this year, I'll definitely need to keep an eye out for next year.

Erik

Adam Warren

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2014, 11:50:07 AM »
Damn.  Did you really have to do this the weekend before the Ky State Mid-Am?  :-\

George Freeman

« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2014, 12:55:43 PM »
Erik - we'd love to have you.

Adam - Use the Mashie as a tune-up.  I can assure you that the level of competition combined with amount of pressure placed on the Mashie participants will make the Mid-Am feel like an evening round with the wife and kids  ;)
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Jud_T

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2014, 01:06:11 PM »
Adam,

With all the strokes you'll be giving, we can ramp up the stakes and number of games to the point where the mid-am will seem like an afternoon at the pitch and putt by comparison... 8)
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Adam Warren

« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2014, 03:20:00 PM »
Haha.  I will give it some thought.

Bill Faley

« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2014, 01:04:34 PM »
George -

I have to withdraw my name from the list of interested parties for this year's Mashie. A scheduling issue has come up and I won't be able to make it to Ohio. Nonetheless, I'm confident Team West will still remain in possession of the trophy!

Hope to be back in for 2016.

Thanks

Jud_T

« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2014, 03:44:01 PM »
Just to get out in front of it-  Any insinuation that Faley's withdrawal has anything at all to do with the West team's gerrymandering, and the 68 Bill just posted at Kingsley, is utter nonsense and surely beneath the fine character of the East team who have always taken their annual drubbing in this august competition as consumate sportsmen.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:48:10 PM by Jud_T »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

George Freeman

« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2014, 06:31:24 PM »
George -

I have to withdraw my name from the list of interested parties for this year's Mashie. A scheduling issue has come up and I won't be able to make it to Ohio. Nonetheless, I'm confident Team West will still remain in possession of the trophy!

Thanks

Sorry to hear that Bill!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

George Freeman

« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2014, 06:05:23 PM »
Monthly bump.  We should have a formal sign-up process soon.

Mayhugh is my hero!!

Josh Tarble

« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2014, 08:55:30 AM »
I hate to bump the thread in this way...but unfortunately I will have to miss this year.  Extremely disappointed but thanks again for making the arrangements on what looks to be a fantastic course George.

Bill McKinley

« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2014, 04:42:57 PM »
Here is the entry form...  I posted it as an image.  Hopefully everyone can save it to their computer and print it out, then fill out and return to Canterbury to get registered for the event.  Thanks!  Bill

2016 Highlights:  Streamsong Blue (3/17); Streamsong Red (3/17); Charles River Club (5/16); The Country Club - Brookline (5/17); Myopia Hunt Club (5/17); Fishers Island Club (5/18); Aronomink GC (10/16); Pine Valley GC (10/17); Somerset Hills CC (10/18)

George Freeman

« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2014, 09:31:37 AM »
Bump for Bill's post above.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Andrew Lewis

« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2014, 09:50:10 AM »
George -

I regrettably no longer can attend.

Best, Andrew

Dan Moore

« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2014, 10:52:14 PM »
George,

I just received an invite to my niece's wedding that weekend in the Twin Cities so I need to withdraw. 

Dan
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Brian Finn

« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2014, 12:01:10 AM »
It's becoming pretty clear that the West team's run is coming to an end.  Whispers of internal turmoil following their fourth title are proving prescient...accusations of sandbagging, rumors of rampant performance enhancing drug use at the '13 event, and now several early withdrawals by West team stalwarts.  One of last year's top performers is inexplicably sitting out this year and next.  ;)

Meanwhile, the East team is said to be building momentum approaching the Autumn matches. The as yet unnamed captain has employed the pod system that proved successful for Captain Azinger and the US team at the '08 Ryder Cup.  Insiders say the native NE Ohioans have taken particularly quickly to the system.  East team uniforms were unveiled at a recent team dinner held on Eastern LI, one of several events insiders say has galvanized the East side.  ;D

So much can happen in the 38 days leading up to the annual matches, but numerous experts are now calling for an East team victory on home soil. 
New for 2023:  Cheraw SP, Grandfather, Clyne, Tenby, Pennard, Langland Bay, Southerndown, Pyle & Kenfig, Royal Porthcawl, Ashburnham, Rolls of Monmouth, Old Barnwell...

BHoover

« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2014, 10:29:07 PM »
Submitted my entry form this afternoon. Looking forward to actually playing for the East team this year! By the time of the Mashie , the Cleveland Browns could be well on their way to another top 5 draft pick too!

George Freeman

Dropping like flies...

Bump for the sign-up sheet in Bill's post #87.  Please have your sign-up form submitted with deposit by Sept. 15th.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Nigel Islam

George, I'm going to have to withdraw my name from the roster. I hope you guys have a great time. Thanks for setting this up though.

C. Sturges

Just confirmed with Canterbury! 

Thank you both George and Bill for setting this up!

Looking forward to the east winning this year!
chris

Erik Mosley

Just sent in my entry form - looking forward to meeting you guys!  I think I mentioned it before, but if we need anyone to help fill in or even out the teams, I have someone who would be interested.

Regardless, can't wait!  I'm assuming I'll be part of the East, although I'm West of the course by about 1/2 hour or so...

Mike Treitler

I Would almost always be down to play in these events when there are open spots but the Yom Kippur thing got me also.

I hope you all have a great event!   

Sounds like an amazing place to play.

David Royer

Sent in registration today.  Looking forward to the visit.  Thanks for setting up the event.

Russ Arbuthnot

Registration is in the mail. Looking forward to my first Mashie.

Michael Marzec

The check is in the mail! Looking forward to meeting everyone.
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. And furthermore, always carry a small snake." - W.C. Fields

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back