News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ben Hollerbach

Anne Arundel Mannor - Harwood, Md
« on: April 23, 2014, 12:27:50 PM »
Talking with my brother last night he mentioned a golf course he stumbled upon south east of DC. After some digging we found it to be Anne Arundel Mannor, Albert Lord's personal course built by Arthur Hills/Steve Forrest. It seems very little is written about this place, nearly all I've been able to dig up is the former Inverness Super Thomas Walker now oversees the course and some connection to architect Greg Martin from 2006-2007. Anyone know anything about this course or seen it in person?

Early Routing - 2006

Completed Course - 2010

From the aerial it appears to be quite interesting with the 2nd-5th-6th triple fairway, Biarritz style 7th, four fairway 16th, and Pine Valley-esque 17th. An article in the Baltimore Sun and another in the Washington post seem to be all the publicity that exist. I suggested to my brother that maybe he should just go walking around but with Lord's connections and possible members maybe that isn't the best of ideas.

Kyle Casella

Re: Anne Arundel Mannor - Harwood, Md
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 01:11:56 PM »
I'm guessing the timing of the build in concert with the mortgage crisis has something to do with the lack of information. That being said some of the holes look pretty cool.

Paul Carey

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 09:16:05 PM »
I've played it once and it is a fun course.  Al sold it to someone a few years ago to another individual.  I will post some more detail later as I am a bit busy this evening.  The best part of playing there is the environment.  It is off the beaten path and there were just two of us.  We hit a few balls and the super asked us what kind of sandwiches we wanted to eat.  A few holes later he shows up with the food and the beers.

Overall it is more fun than most of Hills original designs which lack a fun factor.   A few cool holes and greens.  More to come....

Carl Nichols

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 11:35:57 AM »
AAM is fully built.  I believe it's now owned by William Stone, who founded SS&C Technologies; my understanding is that there are no other members (and it's not open to the public).  I've seen a course brochure and thought it looked prettty strong.  I know one person who's played the course, but that was in 2010; his view was that the course was really good and the vibe even better. 

Blake Conant

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 04:31:31 PM »
Any new/more information about this course?

Cal Seifert

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 04:51:43 PM »
Its the Ellerston of the US ;D

Paul Ashton

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 05:14:53 PM »
Any new/more information about this course?

It is still there.  Our assistant superintendent came from there last year.  His guess is that there are 100-200 rounds a year played there and it is closer to 100.

I know only one person who has played it.  He is a well traveled golfer and said it was great.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 05:53:59 PM »
Wow, I can't believe I never heard of this, course. I lived in Annapolis for 35 years and thought I had my hand on the golf pulse of the area. Guess not.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Cal Seifert

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 09:19:25 PM »
Wonder what the staff is like at that place.  Must only be a couple of people.  Talk about a relaxed work environment.

Dave Taylor

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 07:43:28 AM »
Our super was given a tour by the super of the course. He told me it's spectacular. When he asked if he could play (a bit tongue in cheek) he was told if the owner happened to show up he would be fired. Very few are able to play, apparently.

Cal Seifert

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 11:33:43 PM »
Our super was given a tour by the super of the course. He told me it's spectacular. When he asked if he could play (a bit tongue in cheek) he was told if the owner happened to show up he would be fired. Very few are able to play, apparently.

Do you know who the current owner is?

Dave Taylor

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 07:27:16 AM »

Do you know who the current owner is?

No idea. I'll ask our super if he knows.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back