News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Birkert

Mondays around New York / Long Island
« on: April 12, 2014, 05:43:17 AM »
I know most clubs / courses shut on a Monday. Anyone able to suggest anywhere that is worth seeing which does open on a Monday?

Jeff Evagues

Re: Mondays around New York / Long Island
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 07:12:03 AM »
Many of the clubs, including The Creek, Piping Rock, Meadowbrook, and Maidstone have charity outings on Mondays. I have played many of the top echelon this way.
Be the ball

Doug Bolls

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 11:29:39 AM »
I would think Bethpage would be worth a look.

Brett Wiesley

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 10:18:15 AM »
Bethpage Black is closed on Mondays, unless that Monday is a Holiday.  The other courses at Bethpage are open though, and the Red course is a fine track.

Keith Grande

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 03:03:55 PM »
I second Bethpage Red for a Monday.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 12:39:09 PM »
What sort of travel range do you have? 

If I were in the area on a Monday, I would gladly make the trip to Yale.  Depending on where you are, it might be 2 hours each way.  If you haven't been there, it's worth your time.

Tom Birkert

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 08:37:22 AM »
John,

I was planning on playing Yale (I think I was going to aim for the Saturday) but if it's open on a Monday then that would make a lot of sense, and that would mean a chance to play somewhere like Westchester or Quaker Ridge instead on the Saturday.

The only issue would be it's a bit out of the way as the idea was to go Winged Foot - Yale - Fisher's Island and then on to The Hamptons, but being able to play Yale on a Monday means an extra day golfing so it's worth the drive / hassle. More than happy to do plenty of driving when the golf is worth it!

I really want to see Yale, not as much as Fisher's Island, but it looks like great fun.

Andy Troeger

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 08:57:49 AM »
On my trip a couple years ago we played Hudson National on a Monday.  If Yale is an option it is certainly worth the trip too--we played there on a Saturday.

Tim Martin

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 10:22:35 AM »
John,

I was planning on playing Yale (I think I was going to aim for the Saturday) but if it's open on a Monday then that would make a lot of sense, and that would mean a chance to play somewhere like Westchester or Quaker Ridge instead on the Saturday.

The only issue would be it's a bit out of the way as the idea was to go Winged Foot - Yale - Fisher's Island and then on to The Hamptons, but being able to play Yale on a Monday means an extra day golfing so it's worth the drive / hassle. More than happy to do plenty of driving when the golf is worth it!

I really want to see Yale, not as much as Fisher's Island, but it looks like great fun.

Yale opens at noon on Mondays.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back