News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Re: 4th Annual Saul Shootout for The George Cup
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2014, 10:27:29 PM »
Now that Lynch has brought Tom Doak into the discussion, this would be a good time for me to ask Tom if the Renaissance Cup Champion will be receiving a membership from now on?  Tom, consider it a challenge........

Lester

I hope that Tom takes this not as a challenge (which would be improper) but a collegial salute, from one accomplished architect to another.

I don't know the parameters of the tournament, but if Lester donated the trophy and the annual membership, that's a wonderful pair of gestures.

Kevin Lynch was a remarkable ambassador for this event. We played a healthy amount of golf together over the past year and his efforts were focused not on his own achievement, but on the site and the tournament. He promoted Ballyhack and the band of brothers that participate in its annual event with proper enthusiasm.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Andy Hughes

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2014, 04:49:22 PM »
Kevin, playing with you is an experience. You can make two triples in a row, and follow it up with two birdies.  It's exhausting to watch.  Can't imagine what it's like inside your head.

Oh my God, I can't even begin to imagine.............

Playing with Kevin I had the good fortune to see parts of the course I had no idea even existed.
Carl, I would enjoy seeing your discussion thread--I suspect it will generate serious disagreement even among those of us who love the course and experience.  A few head-scratching moments for me, but countless 'wow' moments.  Lester certainly created something special and fun.

Now, can someone check the calendar for Yom Kippur, 2015? ;D
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

JMEvensky

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2014, 05:05:17 PM »

23 September

Kevin Lynch

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2014, 06:18:40 PM »
Kevin, playing with you is an experience. You can make two triples in a row, and follow it up with two birdies.  It's exhausting to watch.  Can't imagine what it's like inside your head.

Oh my God, I can't even begin to imagine.............

Playing with Kevin I had the good fortune to see parts of the course I had no idea even existed.
Carl, I would enjoy seeing your discussion thread--I suspect it will generate serious disagreement even among those of us who love the course and experience.  A few head-scratching moments for me, but countless 'wow' moments.  Lester certainly created something special and fun.

Unless the Saul Shootout is held on a Tuesday/Wednesday in 2015, you should be set.

I don't so much find new places as I find wildly alternate routes.  For example, the 9th tee isn't a new place, but hitting your approach on #8 from there is unusual. However, not too unusual, as Chris DeNigris & I both found that route at the same time with equally wayward tee shots. I did find a new one this year. Did you know that if you hit a hard toe-slice from the Big Lick tees on #5, it will place you between the 2nd & 3rd centerline FW bunker on #2?

Carl did start his thread, so please add your thoughts.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back