News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Post BUDA @ Burnham 14 Sept 2014 (Updated)
« on: February 02, 2014, 06:15:41 AM »
Updated 28 July 2014

For any not aware, all and sundry are invited to Burnham on 14 September.  To date I have the following confirmed for 4 times starting at 10:32 and 1 time at 11:22.  The first four tee times are 3balls each and the last time can be a 4ball.  A word of warning, there are two dormie house 4 balls in front of the last time.  So, if anybody needs to make a flight, don't be shy in letting me know you need to be in a forward group.  Otherwise, it will be luck of the draw as to who goes out when and with whom.  I can only sign in three players and Craig is on a reciprical.  

All those folks who are members of English clubs and have a co card let me know.  I can try to make the cards valid for the weekend, but I need to know in advance.  The cards should also be good at Perranporth if you let them know in advance.  

Yank
Whitty
Craig D - reciprocal
Spangles - county card
Sweet Lou
Lynn
African Animal
Donal
David T (aka atb) - county card?
Ace
Drinkin' Joe
Chez Wardo
Bryan
Speed
Steve W
Bailey

Ciao
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 07:41:17 PM by Sean_A »
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Bryan Izatt

Re: Post BUDA @ Burnham 14 Sept 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 09:13:41 PM »
Me too.  I'm hurt that you didn't remember. :'(

Sean_A

Re: Post BUDA @ Burnham 14 Sept 2014
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 05:24:44 AM »
Me too.  I'm hurt that you didn't remember. :'(

I too am hurt I couldn't remeber three names or how to spell remember :P.  These days, I am lucky to have remembered that I created a thread.  I did look for the thread to do an update and when I couldn't find it I was convinced I dreamed the whole thing.  Ran's a bastido for doing that to a man's mind  :o.

Ciao
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:08:39 AM by Sean_A »
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Bryan Izatt

Re: Post BUDA @ Burnham 14 Sept 2014 (Updated)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 12:17:58 PM »
Just in case you missed it, according to Ran last night, it seems likely that this thread too will disappear into the ether.  Perhaps if you exercise, your mind won't get bent too much by further developments.   ;D 

ConnectNC is aware of the problem. I don't know the end result but I imagine that they will rebuild the site to yesterday. That will occur by late tomorrow, I hope.

Though I don't know the final outcome, I imagine that all posts from yesterday through tomorrow might end of being lost for good. Hence, I would NOT post until this problem is resolved as it could be a true waste of time.

Sean_A

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 05:19:58 AM »
All

Please see first post.  I am sure about the 12 who have confirmed, but not so concerning Bryan.  The orginal email on this matter doesn't seem to be in the bank.

Ciao

Steve Wilson

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 09:08:35 AM »
Sean,
As I should still be in the environs I'd like to put my name down for Burnham & Berrow if there's still an opening.  This time I'll pay for any pints I owe you on the spot rather than at a decade's remove and by Aussie messenger.

Regards,
Steve
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Neil White

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 01:06:23 PM »
Sean,

Confirmed.

Neil.
Courses played 2020 - ................!

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 01:25:44 PM »
Sean,

I will definitely be there.  My airfare is booked and I'm making arrangements with Lynn for pre- and post-Buda.  Hopefully the site won't crash again and lose this thread.

Sean_A

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 04:02:09 PM »
Steve, Bryan & Speed

I will have to see if another time is available. 

Spangles

I didn't book the dormie; will check on availability on Monday.  Although, the dormie only makes sense if you are playing the Saturday afternoon, otherwise you can stay wherever.  If you lot are playing Saturday afternoon, I may join you for a game and the night.

Ciao

Sean_A

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 11:30:03 AM »
See original page for update.

Spangles - sorry, dormie booked.

Ciao

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 01:39:39 PM »
Updated 24 March 2014

For any not aware, all and sundry are invited to Burnham on 14 September.  To date I have the following confirmed for 4 times starting at 10:32 (two 4 balls between times) and one at 11:22.  

Yank
Whitty
Craig D
Spangles
Sweet Lou
Lynn
African Animal
Donal
David T
Ace
Drinkin' Joe
Chez Wardo
Bryan
Speed
Steve W

Guys below on waitlist/not confirmed

Ciao

For those of us slower and older can you please clarify what you mean by which tee times are 4 ball and which are 2 ball?  Thanks.
It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Garland Bayley

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 01:46:19 PM »
I'll be there.

Garland
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Sean_A

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 05:21:12 PM »
Updated 24 March 2014

For any not aware, all and sundry are invited to Burnham on 14 September.  To date I have the following confirmed for 4 times starting at 10:32 (two 4 balls between times) and one at 11:22.  

Yank
Whitty
Craig D
Spangles
Sweet Lou
Lynn
African Animal
Donal
David T
Ace
Drinkin' Joe
Chez Wardo
Bryan
Speed
Steve W

Ciao

For those of us slower and older can you please clarify what you mean by which tee times are 4 ball and which are 2 ball?  Thanks.

Lynn

Burnham has specified times for # of players.  I don't know what the exact cut off points are, but its something like opening until 9ish is 2 ball only, 9ish until 11ish 2-3 ball only and after 11:30ish 2-4 ball for the rest of the day.  Our first 4 times are in the 2-3 ball time so  we can have  three guys per time.  The group going off at 11 something can have a 4 ball.  

Bailey - gotcha for the last slot.

Steve - your tenner was if sent from heaven  :D

Ciao
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:52:25 AM by Sean_A »

Bill_McBride

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 10:19:23 PM »
Updated 24 March 2014

Yank
Whitty
Craig D
Spangles
Sweet Lou
Lynn
African Animal
Donal
David T
Ace
Drinkin' Joe
Chez Wardo
Bryan
Speed
Steve W

Ciao

For those of us slower and older can you please clarify what you mean by which tee times are 4 ball and which are 2 ball?  Thanks.

Lynn

Burnham has specified times for # of players.  I don't know what the exact cut off points are, but its something like opening until 9ish is 2 ball only, 9ish until 11ish 2-3 ball only and after 11:30ish 2-4 ball for the rest of the day.  Our first 4 times are in the 2-3 ball time so  we can have  three guys per time.  The group going off at 11 something can have a 4 ball.  

Ciao

So four of us could play foursomes in a two ball time. 

Sean_A

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 03:10:20 AM »
Updated 24 March 2014

Yank
Whitty
Craig D
Spangles
Sweet Lou
Lynn
African Animal
Donal
David T
Ace
Drinkin' Joe
Chez Wardo
Bryan
Speed
Steve W

Ciao

Lynn

Ciao

So four of us could play foursomes in a two ball time. 

Si, but you may get bored standing around behind three balls  :D

Ciao

Bill_McBride

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 07:31:20 AM »
Two balls go first.  Simple.   ;D.  We will be headed to Heathrow after golf, flight out Monday morning.

Sean_A

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 07:49:38 AM »
Two balls go first.  Simple.   ;D.  We will be headed to Heathrow after golf, flight out Monday morning.

Ace

Are you under the impression the tee is closed until your arrival at 10:30  8)

Ciao

Bill_McBride

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 08:04:02 AM »

Ace

Ciao

I think we are staying somewhere further south.  I think Thomas was going to look into Saturday night accommodations for post-Westward Ho!  Haven't heard anything yet.  What are others planning to do?   It would be good to be in one spot. 

Sean_A

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 09:33:32 AM »

Ace

Ciao

I think we are staying somewhere further south.  I think Thomas was going to look into Saturday night accommodations for post-Westward Ho!  Haven't heard anything yet.  What are others planning to do?   It would be good to be in one spot. 

Ace

You will have to confer with the "others".  I don't have a clue where folks are staying.

Ciao

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 11:40:20 AM »
What are others planning to do?   It would be good to be in one spot. 

I've taken an executive decision. Whitty, Craig and I (lilkely plus a guest) staying Saturday at the Waterfront Premier Inn, Weston Super Mare.

http://www.premierinn.com/

Twin rooms currently £50.00 inc cc charges.   Breakfast at the club about 25 mins away.
They are reliable and usually well run.

NB careful to choose whether you want a double or twin room right on first page of enquiry  - saves on red faces later!

Who wouldn't want to experience a Saturday night in the home town of Basil Fawlty?

(probably those who joined me for a Saturday night in Skegness - that's who!)
Let's make GCA grate again!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 01:58:31 PM »
Drinkin' Joe and I will be at the Duncan Inn in Burnham-on-Sea, close to the golf course.  With a pub on site. 

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 07:25:58 PM »
Drinkin' Joe and I will be at the Duncan Inn in Burnham-on-Sea, close to the golf course.  With a pub on site. 

Can you either link me to their site or clarify the name of the place?  I cannot find it.  Thanks.

It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Bill_McBride

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 07:49:43 PM »

Can you either link me to their site or clarify the name of the place?  I cannot find it.  Thanks.

Sorry, it's Dunstan House.  Unfortunately I got the last two rooms. 

Try TripAdvisor.com, search Burnham-on-Sea, there are a number of inns and B&Bs. 

Sean_A

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 06:57:08 PM »
Greg T

Donal unfortunately had to drop out, are you interested in being #16?

Ciao

Sean

Sean_A

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 05:06:59 AM »
I hear thru the grapevine that Chez Wardo is out.  We now have two spots open.

For those stuck with accomodation, there is a good Premier Inn not too far away (Lympsham Junction 22 M5).  They have twins available on the 13th for £78 per night and 14th for £39 per night.  Usually, singles are same price.  PIs are plasticy, but they do as advertised.  

The Duncan in town is also decent, but its a pub/inn.

Ciao
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 03:47:42 AM by Sean_A »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back