GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Is this the worst rule in golf?

<< < (5/5)

Dave_Miller:

--- Quote from: Jeff_Fortson on July 25, 2003, 07:33:01 AM ---Rule 13-1.

I say tough shit Tiger.  Play it as it lies.

Jeff F.

--- End quote ---

Jeff:
Eloquent, absolutely eloquent ;D and right on the money.  play it as it lies.  Divots are a part of the game.
Best,
Dave

A_Clay_Man:
Face of adversity is one the great aspect of this game and if you can't get up for the challenge(or don't know how) you should learn, both.

One of the Caddies at PB patented (or was trying to) a slip-on spikeless so you could where spikes everywhere but the green.

Rihc- If the protocol was changed to the way you felt, then and now, it would relieve the onus and would lead to noone leaving the course in better condition, than found. Those that violate the principles should be given a verbal curmudgening as close to or as soon after the alleged incident. Now thats peer review!

I am contemplating suggesting to a local course, whose annual is soooo low, that next year they make an issue out of every member showing a divot repair tool every time they golf and warnings if not used, or bunkers unraked, there will be an additional surcharge on every following years annual of say $100. That should get their attention and if it does'nt, it sure should pay for extra man hours. Because as it is now ballmarks etc. are pervasive and how else do you teach your young? Is that why Tigers eat their's?

TEPaul:
"No need for 2 pairs of shoes, simply remove shoes and putt in stocking feet."

redanman;

That's a completely shocking thought and shows how little you know about golf and particularly its rules. Even contemplating putting in your stocking feet comes dangerously close to violating something in Rule 13-2 or 13-3! Off the top of my head I think this violation can be referenced in dec 13-3/159.414(iii). You too should be DQed and semi-deballed if not totally castrated!

Jeff Fortson:
Dave Miller,

Thanks.  Eloquence is my strong suit.

everone else,

In regards to sand being put in a divot by the grounds crew.....

Doesn't the grounds crew mow the greens, fairways, and tees?  Don't they rake the traps (at some courses)?  Don't they put fertilizer and other chemicals on the grass to help or regulate growth?  Should all of that be ground under repair too?  

Heck, I got an idea....

Let's just lift, clean, and place every shot and call the game Handball.  Wait, isn't that name already taken for a game?

Jeff F.

TEPaul:
"I have both testicles, but am missing 3 other unnamed body parts!  Does this count?"

Redanman:

That's hard to say if you won't name them. How about your head? Are you missing that? I'm not missing any body parts, not even my head--although I don't think there's much left in it anymore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version