News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Walker

Re: Rollin, Roolin, Rollin at Merion
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2012, 11:55:31 PM »
Ben-

I'm an instrument rated private pilot with about 600 hours of flight time.  Imagine if I were to critique your throttle inputs during a rough weather approach.

I'm thinking that's why some here may take issue with your approach to calling out turf management techniques of some of the world's best golf course superintendants.

One more thing--GO DAWGS!

Ben Sims

Re: Rollin, Roolin, Rollin at Merion
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2012, 12:37:03 AM »
Ben-

I'm an instrument rated private pilot with about 600 hours of flight time.  Imagine if I were to critique your throttle inputs during a rough weather approach.

I'm thinking that's why some here may take issue with your approach to calling out turf management techniques of some of the world's best golf course superintendants.

One more thing--GO DAWGS!

Jason,

I see your point.  And on several levels, Clint and Ian are more than justified in telling me to nick off. 

Conversely, it is precisely the ability to self-critique and consider all points of view from both inexperienced FNG's and experienced instructors that makes the most credible pilots.  After considering your point of view re: my throttle inputs, you and I both would be much better served if I explained why your techniques/assertions were incorrect.  The worst thing for young aviators would be for me to say that I am a combat pilot with over 2500 hours in 3 airframes and you should shut up. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back