News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matthew Essig

Re: January Golf in Bandon?
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 12:36:20 AM »
Ok, I was wrong, but I would still rather play Bandon because the course will never get muddy. Plus with the rain means wind. The Bandon courses are better with wind. I played Old Mac yesterday with stinging rain, sun, 20 mph winds, and an earthquake and Pac Dunes today in stinging rain, hail, sun, 20mph wind which got up to gusts of 40 when squalls came through and we are still unsure if we heard thunder, but they were possibly the best rounds I got to play.

Matt,

I can certainly agree on that last one.  That sandy base at the resort makes it awesome year round.

P.S. Sorry if I came on a little strong in my last post, I just re-read it and hope you didn't take it as mean spirited..that wasn't my intent.

No problem. You proved me wrong, and I accept that.
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

Dan Smoot

Re: January Golf in Bandon?
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 11:38:42 PM »
It's just moody.

I think Tom offers the perfect description. My family has developed a small tradition of visiting Bandon during the days immediately following Christmas. We practically have the place to ourselves. When the rains and winds arrive, it can be daunting. (Think driver at Pacific Dunes 14th.) But there's also lots of calm and occasional sun. Its a great time to go.

I was at Bandon the weekend before Thanksgiving.  I played 14 in horizontal driving rain from the south right in my face.  I told my brother to watch for me because I had no chance with glasses and my hood covering my head.  Used a driver, never saw the shot and the ball rolled up on the front of the green about 15 feet.  All I could do was laugh.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back