News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Terry Lavin

Re: My Committee have just suggested a fountain in the lake!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 12:20:49 PM »
Its our 10th anniversary and a nice fountain in the lake on the 10th has been suggested. I was wondering if I killed the committee members would the judge understand and let me off.

I would, but only if you pleaded for an ozonator and were voted down before you mowed them down!
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Ben Stephens

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 12:39:32 PM »
Adrian,

would it be better if they bought an external clock instead of a water fountain to mark 10 yrs! and put it on the clubhouse  ;D

Cheers
Ben

Emile Bonfiglio

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 12:52:32 PM »
Is you club pro one the uses Callaway clubs? If so he might be able to help you swing this as an alternative.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/pDHBzNNVyjE
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:54:11 PM by Emile Bonfiglio »
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

Niall C

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 02:34:32 PM »
Adrian,

would it be better if they bought an external clock instead of a water fountain to mark 10 yrs! and put it on the clubhouse  ;D

Cheers
Ben

Ben

What if they bought an underwater clock and put it in the lake, then they could tell the time when they are looking for their lost balls.

Adrian

I think you'll find that  if you drown the entire committee in the lake you might convince the judge they suffered a freak boating accident while going to inspect the site of the new fountain.

Niall

Ben Stephens

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 02:39:02 PM »
Adrian,

Cheers
Ben

Ben

What if they bought an underwater clock and put it in the lake, then they could tell the time when they are looking for their lost balls.

Adrian

I think you'll find that  if you drown the entire committee in the lake you might convince the judge they suffered a freak boating accident while going to inspect the site of the new fountain.

Niall

Niall

Maybe Adrian should invest in a mini sub to torpedo the fishing boat  ;D

Cheers
Ben

Padraig Dooley

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 03:50:16 PM »
I think it might be a great idea to move the tees further left so the tee shot will be all carry over the lake and have the fountain spray the water high enough so the balls have to travel through the spray, creating a new an exciting shot!!! Next addition for the 25 year anniversary, will be a windmill shot!!

On a more serious note, found that the path came into to play a bit too much on the 10th, anyway to move it more out of play?

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
  - Pablo Picasso

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 04:15:17 PM »
Padraig it does come into play a bit too much but the problem is where to move it and yes you guessed right the 10th was the 'fountain suggestion'. I don't think it can be moved really, its something I would like to solve but routing it around the back is not an option because of the bunker. Whilst the path is in play its only in play for a bad shot, and in fact pitching on the path often propells it onto the green. We have rebuilt the approach to the 3rd since you last played, built the apron up a metre or so.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 05:06:39 PM »
Perhaps a wishing fountain ala the Trevi and require members in favor of a fountain donate a substantial amount each and every round.

Scott Stearns

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 05:50:39 PM »
You gotta distract em by suggesting something equally awful to look at but away from the golf course.

Something for/in the clubhouse, on the entry road, etc.  Its gotta be better than having a fountain on the golf course.

I think the USGA shuts fountains down during tournaments, FYI. 

My personal favorite moment was in that Bob Jones movie starring Jim Caviezel (sp?)--a big fountain is visible in one scene--dont think they had aeration fountains back in the 20's....

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 05:54:18 PM »
"....a fountain in the lake"

Gentlefolk, I don't think yer helping the lad!

Adrian, the milk of human kindness is certainly not flowing in this thread for you. Do not fear. I was laughing like a drain at the video Bill Brightly suggested we have a look at...the music may soothe your soul and certainly you seem to have had a flood of suggestions!

Cheers Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Tom Yost

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 10:39:29 PM »
Its our 10th anniversary and a nice fountain in the lake on the 10th has been suggested.

JC Urbina

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 11:34:19 PM »
Adrian,

I remember the day the project manager in a weekly meeting recommended we install a large fountain in the lake on the 18th hole at The Rawls course at Texas Tech.  The following week I made another recommendation.  Luckily the fountain was never installed.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back