News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Lott

New Ownership at Chechessee Creek
« on: February 04, 2012, 09:37:56 PM »
Ownership of Chechessee Creek has passed from original developer Chafin-Light to David Proctor, a principal in New York headquartered Jane Street Capital. The transaction closed about January 1 and has not been publicized in the media.

The course remains open as a private non equity investor owned club. Beyond setting a dues structure for the current year, Mr. Proctor has not announced other plans for the club. He apparently has no background in the golf business, but has been a successful investor. Jane Street describes itself on its web site as "a quantitative proprietary trading firm that operates around the clock and around the globe." The web site indicates over 200 employees.

I am told that Proctor was a member of the club. He apparently acquired the operation on his own without other investors. Members I have talked to say that Proctor was "low-key" and well liked and by other members and staff. The previous staff remains in place.

Purchase price was not disclosed to members. The club's structure was such that this information can remain confidential. The dues figure quoted to me seemed reasonable but I have not repeated it here because I am not sure the information is reliable. I have also been told that initiation fees have been eliminated for now, but I am not certain of that information either.

The purchase removes a major uncertainty but creates some others. I would describe members I have talked to (a limited sample) as pleased but curious about the future.

David Lott

Bart Bradley

Re: New Ownership at Chechessee Creek
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 09:57:08 PM »
I met Mr. Proctor on my trip to Chechessee last month.  He is a very kind and genteel man.  I wish him and the club the very best of luck.

Bart

David Cronheim

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 10:35:30 PM »
I've had a chance to play ccc and I couldn't have been more impressed by the operation and tha facility. It's a wonderfully serene place where time seems to stand still, except of course that you can walk the course in about 2.5 hrs. I wish new management all the best.
Check out my golf law blog - Tee, Esq.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 06:33:41 PM »
I have a good friend who is a Member. i certainly hope this is a good story for the clubs future.

David Lott

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:44:55 PM »
I have a good friend who is a Member. i certainly hope this is a good story for the clubs future.

New owner with a fresh point of view, a track record of innovation and success, deeper pockets and a consequent ability to have a longer term horizon. These are all positives. The old ownership were quality people but constrained by the mess in the real estate industry, which is their principal business.
David Lott

David_Tepper

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 10:51:55 PM »

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 10:50:44 AM »
Lovely place to play golf, and now with the added convenience of the lodge on the premises.
Wonderful wlaking golf course with great par threes, green complexes and bunkering.
Well worth the visit to play....with Seccesion down the road about 30 minutes a great one two for a long weekend.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 08:14:43 PM »
I played at a course near there on Spring Island last spring. Can you hear the guns and airplanes there as well? It is out of this world nice out there except when the military does its thing.

David_Tepper

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 11:28:08 AM »
"except when the military does its thing"

Tiger -

As the saying goes, "you are hearing the sound of freedom!" ;)

DT

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 10:23:14 PM »
David nope I am hearing the sound of wasted money and unlimited budgets. As they say we do not say no to themilitary industrial complex in the USA. They could wipe out half top of Scotland with what they shot the day I was there. The aircraft burned enough fuel to fly around the world 20 times.

Jim Colton

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 12:04:40 PM »
Lovely place to play golf, and now with the added convenience of the lodge on the premises.
Wonderful wlaking golf course with great par threes, green complexes and bunkering.
Well worth the visit to play....with Seccesion down the road about 30 minutes a great one two for a long weekend.

Didn't Outpost Club have a relationship w/ Chechessee with special lodging on site? Is that relationship still in place w/ the new ownership?

David Lott

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 12:23:39 PM »
David nope I am hearing the sound of wasted money and unlimited budgets. As they say we do not say no to themilitary industrial complex in the USA. They could wipe out half top of Scotland with what they shot the day I was there. The aircraft burned enough fuel to fly around the world 20 times.

Unfortunately our main threat does not reside in Scotland, where they do the same thing. The RAF is closing Leuchars, but you had the same air traffic at the Old Course for decades.

Come back and play Spring Island again this fall, after we finish our renovation. Green fees and drinks on me. If you have time, I'll arrange a tour of the air base.
David Lott

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 11:15:39 PM »
David of course I am aware of the dozen or so places of combat our solders are in world wide. I was just trying to show how much fire power was used that day while staying within the golf theme. I wish it was like St Andrews. That base is just planes. back to the subject at hand. I love the area and Spring Island. I was curious about whether the sounds of military training and war made it to Chechessee Creek.   

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 11:30:20 AM »
Jim,
A little modified re The Outpost Club, but the string ties remain...

Mike Demetriou

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 02:32:33 PM »
I'm glad to hear that the staff was not affected - they have a tremendous staff there.  I've played many rounds there and I cannot wait to return. The course was in excellent condition when we played last spring, except for the bunkers, which needed serious attention.  I do wish someone would discuss the current offer to prospective members, I know a few people who would be very interested...

John Engelbrecht

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 07:26:20 AM »
There is for a limited time, what in my opinion, is a very attractive membership offering.

Currently there is no initation fee....only need to pay dues

National Member $4,500
Junior Member (ages 21-41) $2,500
International Member (residence not in North America) $1,000

Here is the attracive kicker, in the first year, you will receive a credit of 1/2 of the dues in the form of club credit that can be used for any club charges other than caddy fees or dues. It can be used for lodging, food, booze, clothing. The credit does not expire.

Also, a current member that refers a new member gets the same club credit as his new member!

This is a temporary offer and there has been a lot of activity. If you are interested I would recommend moving quickly. If I can be of any assistance please let me know.

Cheers!
John Engelbrecht

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 09:54:15 PM »
John - What are the golf guest fees? What are the lodging fees?
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

John Engelbrecht

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 10:46:11 AM »
Guest fees are $90 for accompanied and  $25 for family members .

Lodging is only available for members.  The most economical lodging option is to stay in the newly completed 12 bedroom Lodge. The cost is approximatly $125.00 per night. The Lodge is very well done.

I hope this helps.

Tim Martin

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 10:51:47 AM »
Guest fees are $90 for accompanied and  $25 for family members .

Lodging is only available for members.  The most economical lodging option is to stay in the newly completed 12 bedroom Lodge. The cost is approximatly $125.00 per night. The Lodge is very well done.

I hope this helps.

That seems pretty reasonable right across the board.

jeffwarne

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 11:04:26 AM »
Guest fees are $90 for accompanied and  $25 for family members .

Lodging is only available for members.  The most economical lodging option is to stay in the newly completed 12 bedroom Lodge. The cost is approximatly $125.00 per night. The Lodge is very well done.

I hope this helps.

That seems pretty reasonable right across the board.

Can you get a caddie without a white suit ??? ;D

Here's hoping one day "pure golf" will mean pure "golf"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:06:07 AM by jeffwarne »
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Mike_Young

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 11:08:17 AM »
Weren'tC3 membership info packages supposed to be released by JP to individuals w/o having it published on a chatroom? ;)
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

jeffwarne

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 11:13:48 AM »
Weren'tC3 membership info packages supposed to be released by JP to individuals w/o having it published on a chatroom? ;)

Not when they're offering $2250 referral credits ;D

Seriously it's actually a very good deal-not aware of other clubs in HHI area with national memberships-but it's been awhile since I was there
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Mike_Young

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 11:18:26 AM »
Jeff,
Already have one IM saying they were to be recommended by members and not published..oh well...
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Jud_T

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 11:36:56 AM »
It's really amazing when you look back in the rear view mirror to 5 years ago when we were all tapdancing just to get an invite to one of these great clubs.  Now there are probably two dozen phenomenal clubs that offer very reasonable National Memberships and have plenty of availability.  I guess that's what mom meant when she said to save up for a rainy day.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

John Engelbrecht

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »
This is the forum where I learned of C3 in 2002

trust me the membership offering is far from a secret.

And yes hopefully Chechessee will continue to be a club where friends invite friends to join.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back