News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

James Boon

Re: SHERWOOD FOREST GC: Boony Is Right
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2015, 04:48:21 PM »
Sean,

Thanks for bumping this up to highlight Buda, though I feel slightly awkward whenever I read the Subject!  :-[

I played Sherwood a couple of times last year. Regarding tree removal / loss after the storm, from memory your older photos dont look that different, but on closer inspection I think a fair number of the silver birches have gone, especially down the right of 8 and 9 on your pictures. Other key areas where a lot of trees had to be removed are behind 5 green and around 6 tee, and along the right of the 18th. The pines that can be seen on the right of your pics of 4 are all gone as well.

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Sean_A

Re: SHERWOOD FOREST GC: Boony Is Right
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2015, 06:05:44 AM »
Boony

I am intrigued by some of the tree loss, although you stated that on the whole it hasn't been positive for the course. 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Turnberry, Isle of Harris, Benbecula, Askernish, Traigh, St Medan, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Frank Pont

Re: SHERWOOD FOREST GC: 2011/12 Winter Tour or Boony Was Right
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2015, 01:50:37 PM »
Sean

Any idea who is responsible for the bunker work?

Nice tour and a nice looking course.

The bunker work looks very similar to what Hawtree has done with some bunkers at De Pan

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back