News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jon Wiggett

Crans-sur-Sierre in Switzerland is such a course.

Martin,

Pre the Seve redo it was a pleasant if unchallenging course. Now it is a tricked up, Disney type of place to play where the only redeeming feature is how far the ball flies. Did you play the 9 hole Nicklaus course across the road? Much more enjoyable round. Or just up the valley is Leuk which is a very good 18 hole course that plays very fast and firm.

Jon

Martin Lehmann

Crans-sur-Sierre in Switzerland is such a course.

Martin,

Pre the Seve redo it was a pleasant if unchallenging course. Now it is a tricked up, Disney type of place to play where the only redeeming feature is how far the ball flies. Did you play the 9 hole Nicklaus course across the road? Much more enjoyable round. Or just up the valley is Leuk which is a very good 18 hole course that plays very fast and firm.

Jon

Jon,

It's a while ago I played Crans the last time. It was short after Severiano (my all time hero in golf, may he rest in peace) messed up the place. As you mention, besides the scenery, the extra length you get at this altitude is the main feature.

We own a chalet in Verbier, not far from Crans. So I play an occasional round there. Verbier is a classical example of mountain golf too: incredible vistas, but lousy architecture. The course in Aigle (Montreux GC), although flat as a pancake, offers more enjoyable golf. Courses in this region I like best are Evian and Domaine Impérial, both on the shores of Lac Leman. I haven't played the Nicklaus holes and the course in Leuk, but I'll check them out soon!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back