News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Craig Sweet

Re: Old Works
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2014, 09:00:33 AM »
Old Works was never going to be a "local" course....especially in a town the size of, and with the cultural background, of Anaconda.  There simply is not enough money, nor enough golfers, to support the course with local play.  However, as a "resort course"..a place to come to for a round or two while traveling through Montana...it has a niche.  In fact, OW has large billboards along the Interstate from one end of Montana to the other. 

Considering what similar courses (#1 rated in the state) get for a round of golf, $120 with a cart is not out of line.  Yeah, that is pretty steep for the locals, but they could offer a less expensive punch card option for the locals or simply a lower rate. 

The word is, the course is not going away, and AMCO will continue to give OW money to operate.
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Garland Bayley

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2014, 04:05:34 PM »
Wouldn't that be #1 rated public? And, I was under the impression it has even lost that position to a Kalispell area course.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Chris DeToro

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2014, 05:13:23 PM »
Some of those similarly rated courses are in more well traveled areas too

Garland Bayley

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2014, 05:16:53 PM »
Some of those similarly rated courses are in more well traveled areas too

I-90 by Anaconda is probably more traveled. Kalispell area is probably more vacationed. ;)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back