News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Wilson

Re: The incredible 14th and 15th holes at Dormie Club !
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2013, 02:24:33 PM »
I thought this might be a good time to pull up this thread since we have had several people get to see these two holes recently.  Truth be told I was looking for the 15th alone and succeeded in finding it with the search function.

Thoughts?  On the holes not the search function.
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Ben Carey

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2013, 01:29:58 AM »
14 is a strange hole for me. I love the simplicity, but I just can't bring myself to love the hole. When I played during the HHH a few years ago I always felt puzzled when I walked up to the tee. The hole just feels strange to me. My favorite thing about 14 is that I know 15 is next.

15 is my favorite hole on the course. I always seem to play this hole well and I love the view from the tee box. I also think the approach shot is interesting because of the mounding on the left and the trouble on the right. Playing the ground game on the left is great - watching the ball disappear over the mound and the anticipation to see where it ends up when it comes back into view is amazing.

Greg Taylor

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2015, 03:08:21 PM »
Just back from Pinehurst and a visit to TDC.

Hit a driver up the left on #14 and chipped and two putted. Birdied 15 having driven thru the fairway on the left. I was left with a dead straight 15 footer and holed it!

It's funny reading threads like this. Having thought about it, 14 and 15 are great golf holes.

Joe Bausch

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2015, 04:22:23 PM »
I really like those holes, too.

Off-season photos from last winter:

http://xchem.villanova.edu/~bausch/images/albums/DormieClub/
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back