News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

jonathan_becker

A million posts
« on: March 10, 2011, 01:02:09 PM »
I happened to look towards the bottom of the DG page and it looks like we're gonna hit 1,000,000 posts today.  That's a lot of discussion!

Is Ran going to give out a prize? :)

Garland Bayley

Re: A million posts
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 01:05:55 PM »
No Jonathan, we don't want to see and endless series of meaningless post from you.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Anthony Gray

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 01:10:32 PM »

Cruden Bay

jonathan_becker

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 01:21:35 PM »
No Jonathan, we don't want to see and endless series of meaningless post from you.

That's funny.

Anthony,

You've typed those two words more than anyone on this site. :)

Anthony Gray

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 01:28:45 PM »

That's funny.

Anthony,

You've typed those two words more than anyone on this site. :)

Did I get the millionth post?

Anthony

Ran Morrissett

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 07:41:45 PM »
Back in 1998, I remember Chris Sutton and Dave Baxter being gratified that my brother John and I agreed to load a bunch of text and photos into their new platform called SiteSuite, and thus help them show off SiteSuite's functionality to potential customers. Though always total professionals (which means resisting laughing directly in my face ;)), they must have been rolling their eyes that the subject matter was golf course architecture. Talk about B-O-R-I-N-G. To prove them wrong, I immediately adopted five or six aliases within the Discussion Group as a way of creating a virtual beehive of activity.

Yet, here we are today - who would have thought?!!! Because golf course architecture was already taken, Mark Zuckerburg was relegated to starting a more generic site :).

We probably past 1,000,000 posts a few months ago as we periodically purge the off topic threads as a way to save some space. Bottom line: It took from June, 1999 until March, 2011 to reach 1,000,000 golf course architecture related posts. Wonder how long to reach 2,000,000? Unlike in June 1999 when GolfClubAtlas.com finally went live, there are many, many forms of media vying for your precious time. Some like Zuckerburg's even have a higher market cap and a few more bells and whistles.

We understand that and thus Ben and I thank each and every one of you for continuing to help 'promote frank commentary on golf course architecture.'

Cheers,

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 08:49:33 PM »
    There's no way it's only 1 million.  Tom Paul has 500,000 alone.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 09:51:50 PM »
    There's no way it's only 1 million.  Tom Paul has 500,000 alone.

You beat me.  Where IS TEPaul these days?

Steve Lang

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 10:51:05 PM »
I believe TEP is studying maintenance agronomy meld and celebrating the Flynn CD exposure in spring break fashion..
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 05:45:24 AM »
I believe TEP is studying maintenance agronomy meld and celebrating the Flynn CD exposure in spring break fashion..

Last I heard, he was CD signing in Western Samoa :)

Dan Kelly

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 10:36:15 AM »
This is number 999998.

I hope Aidan Bradley will repost his Irish pictures, for number 1,000,000.

Watching the cyber-odometer....
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Mike Benham

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 11:53:32 AM »

.... we're gonna hit 1,000,000 posts today.  That's a lot of discussion!

I would guess, like this post, that a minority of the one mmmiiiiiiillllllllllllliiiiion posts were actually "discussion" ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back