News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Aidan Bradley

For Kapalua, Plantation lovers....
« on: March 08, 2011, 01:46:25 PM »

JMEvensky

Re: For Kapalua, Plantation lovers....
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 01:55:25 PM »
You've got a future in this photography thing.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 02:25:47 PM »
It has to be the most beautiful setting I have ever seen - it is really difficult to think about golf.

George Pazin

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 02:27:53 PM »
Thanks.

'bit tough to choose which one to make my background, though...
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 02:45:13 PM »
Awesome.  I was there last month and was reminded of how much I enjoy the course.  So much different than a typical tour setup.

Jason Topp

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 04:35:48 PM »
Aiden:  Are these pictures for the new owners?  Any idea of the changes they plan on making in the operation of the course?  I'm going there in April and they could not guarantee that the rates they quoted would be the rates after the ownership change April 1st.

Aidan Bradley

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 04:48:52 PM »
Aiden:  Are these pictures for the new owners?

Yes. I am afraid I can't help you the other questions. I just don't know.

Anton

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 09:53:00 PM »
Wow!  Great photos.  Hope to venture out there someday.  thanks for the post.  I really enjoyed them. 
“I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted”

Jim Johnson

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 10:29:07 PM »
Thanks for these Aidan.
Great photos, as always.

Jim

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 11:43:10 PM »
Great shots, Adian...thanks for sharing!

They are getting my golf juices flowing, since I'll be there in August with "the fam" and will most definitely be making a tour of the Plantation course.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Matthew Rose

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 01:37:11 AM »
Wish I could play it again, when it wasn't soaking wet.
American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Doug Wright

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 10:04:56 AM »
Thanks for these Aiden. I just replaced a "winter" golf scene from Greenland with one of these as my computer background.
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Emil Weber

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 10:10:01 AM »
You've got a future in this photography thing.

also has a past in it, as far as I know ;)

Bruce Katona

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 11:32:56 AM »
Thank you....if you have a shot from the clubhouse veranda with a person in the foreground holding a mai tai (for scale of course), it would complete my fond memory of our visit.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 05:14:16 PM »
Any news on what's happening with the former Village course at Kapalua? Is it still open or will it be reopened?
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Aidan Bradley

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 05:24:20 PM »
The Bay course is open and thriving but I believe they put real estate on the Village. Can't be sure but believe so......

Tim Leahy

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 01:36:12 PM »
Love that par 3 on the Bay, wish the rest of the course was as interesting. Too bad about the Village, great views and fun to play.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 01:51:03 PM »
Any news on what's happening with the former Village course at Kapalua? Is it still open or will it be reopened?

The village is definitely done.  They still maintain a couple of holes near the old clubhouse and believe at least at some point it was open as a 4 hole course for family play, etc.  The private course project up on the hill is on what seems to be a long term hold.

Ran Morrissett

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 08:41:45 PM »
I STILL think this is their greatest design.

It is on a brutually difficult piece of property, one in which they would say 'no' to today.

Yet, look at the resulting holes that are so high on the memorability scale - the 1st, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 17th, and 18th.

This is an outstanding design - a course of this calibre should never have emerged from the raw site that they were given.

(Please note: To say this is their greatest design is different from saying it is their greatest course as they have been given other properties that more naturally lent themselves to a superior course, such as Sand Hills and, I imagine, Lost Farms).

Add in the GREAT designs at Bandon Trails and Friar's Head and Coore has created three world top fifty courses that shouldn't be there. I say hats off to C&C!

Cheers,

Rob Rigg

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 11:13:29 PM »
Aidan,

Wow - My pics didn't quite come out like that. Brilliant.

Plantation is probably the most "fun" course on the planet - the wind, the terrain, a real masterpiece. The grain on the greens makes the round even more thought provoking. I really enjoyed the walk there too (aside from the mandatory green to tee transfers on the front side). Spectacular course and setting.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back