News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Taylor

Re: Golf Course Architecture and Music
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2012, 03:21:21 PM »
I expect no replies to this post.
For me, I do not and cannot associate music that contains percussion or vocals with being out on a golf course. The nature of the length of the experience lends itself to the long form electronic music that was so popular in the late 80's.
I will take Steve Roach's "Quite Music" and a nice walk along the Oregon coast (Pacific Dunes) any day. Of course, anyone that knows Steve's work would suggest I take to desert courses. They would be right.

Mark Buzminski

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2012, 09:42:49 PM »

If they only had a drummer who actually swung.  Yes I'm a guitar player and it's a bit annoying to watch Jonny stand around playing a thumb piano for an hour and a half with a vintage Telecaster collecting dust on a stand nearby.  

Harsh.  I really like their drummer; his style fits the material.  And the bassist is just outstanding, among the best ever, period.  Just listen to the start-stop bassline on Airbag.  It blows me away every time I hear it.  I like Jonny Greenwood, but I think Thom Yorke is underappreciated as a guitar guy.  Fact is, he wrote all the great Radiohead riffs.  The guy's a genius.

Tim Bert

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2012, 10:54:03 PM »
Jud - I thin they fixed the drummer issue by adding a 2nd one. Between the two of them (or four of them on There, There) the drums sounded pretty good to my amateur ears.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back