News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Geoffrey_Walsh

The Outpost Club
« on: January 05, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »
Cost?
What courses are included?
Do you think this business model will be successful?
What is the connection to Toledo (that's the mailing address given)?

Bart Bradley

Re: The Outpost Club
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 09:24:44 PM »
I am a happy member of Outpost and would be happy to discuss the details with you sometime if you are interested in joining.  Send me a PM.

Bart

Ron Csigo

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 11:41:44 PM »
I am also a proud member of the Outpost Club.  It's off the hook!

Feel free to PM me and I can put you in touch with the membership coordinator.
Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

Frank Sullivan

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 12:39:35 AM »
As a member for over 7 months now, I can tell you that their customer service is very good, the course selection is absolutely amazing (to me at least), and the events that they host are truly unique.  The OC is a special opportunity, and I recommend it to anyone who is looking to play significant "GCA" courses across the country and beyond.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D 

John Kirk

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 01:40:51 AM »
Yes, it's really great.  You pay less than one tenth of what I invested, and you get to play all the same courses I am a member of.  Oh, and you get to play a few others as well.

John Shimp

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 06:45:11 AM »
If you travel a lot outpost provides amazing opportunity.  The key is making time to Take advantage.  The home course Chechessee is just fantastic.  Very quiet looking but a devil of a treat to play.  Hospitality at the 2 venues I've been to has been great.  Both C &C btw. 

Jeff Dawson

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 07:39:32 AM »
Outpost is one of the great stories in golf over the last year. Many of the courses and architects are discussed on this board regularly. If you wanted to join the clubs directly it would cost well over a million dollars. Credit should be given to the three founding partners who were able to put this together successfully during a difficult time in the golf business.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 07:59:28 AM »
It's quite secretive...I went to the site and found that even the photo gallery is user-protected.  If that's what it takes to keep it successful, onward.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 08:52:24 AM »
Also a proud member, all be it so far as an under utilised one...the prospects for this club are superb, the organsation behind the club wonderful, event schedule very impressive....a big thumbs up!

Chris_Blakely

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 10:17:48 AM »
Cost?
What courses are included?
Do you think this business model will be successful?
What is the connection to Toledo (that's the mailing address given)?

I was wondering the same thing as their address is Maumee, OH which is just outside of Toledo, OH.

Chris

Sean Leary

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 11:32:08 AM »
Seems like a great success although it will definitely hurt clubs trying to sell national memberships.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 11:47:16 AM »
The Outpost Club will only be as strong as it's weakest member. This thread is the beginning of the end. Please have it deleted before it is too late.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 02:40:34 PM »
Perhaps the concept of National memberships being only open to the limited few of high level finances is not really the answer then?

Open for discussion...the Outpost Club concept appears to make much beeter sense, more people at a lesser price,with the  reasonable knowledge that everybody wont be there at the same time to make the course too busy...

John_Cullum

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 02:44:45 PM »
The most interesting thing about the Outpost Club is that up to a few days ago, its existence had never been mentioned on this website
Raynor was a hack

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 02:55:49 PM »
The weakness of national memberships is the length of time before members do not want to travel for hours and hours to play the same course all the time. Money becomes less of an issue if you are travelling 5 hours or more to get to your club.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 06:41:37 PM by Mark Chaplin »
Cave Nil Vino

Jim Colton

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 03:01:08 PM »
The most interesting thing about the Outpost Club is that up to a few days ago, its existence had never been mentioned on this website

Really?  I recall it being asked about and discussed more than a few times over the past year.

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 03:01:26 PM »

Actually - http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,44362.0.html
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

John_Cullum

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 03:08:43 PM »
Interesting. Those threads got little traction. Any time such a seemingly attractive concept goes with little discussion on the board, my radar detects a torrent of back channel discussion
Raynor was a hack

Sean Leary

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 03:11:33 PM »
Interesting. Those threads got little traction. Any time such a seemingly attractive concept goes with little discussion on the board, my radar detects a torrent of back channel discussion

John,

Agreed. First rule of Outpost Club is that there is no Outpost Club.... ;)

Mark Arata

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 03:13:52 PM »
You beat me to that one Sean........ ;D
New Orleans, proud to swim home...........

John_Cullum

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 03:15:54 PM »
Indeed. And I might add, for good reason.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:24:42 PM by John_Cullum »
Raynor was a hack

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 03:19:13 PM »
Geoff Walsh, don't worry about the guys in shades driving the suburban that will be following you for the rest of the day, it has nothing to do with starting this thread.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Mark McKeever

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 03:26:35 PM »
I have considered it and it seems like a great opportunity.  Just not for me right now.

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 04:00:54 PM »
So, all these guys who tell me they are members of Ballyneal and Kingsley are really just members of the Outpost Club?

Tim Bert

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2011, 04:45:29 PM »
So, all these guys who tell me they are members of Ballyneal and Kingsley are really just members of the Outpost Club?

No.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back