News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Yet another list..Joe Passov/Travelin' Joe on golf.com
« on: January 03, 2011, 11:27:33 PM »
Link is here:  http://www.golf.com/golf/courses_travel/article/0,28136,2040590,00.html

I presume that a guy who writes travel golf columns for GM will have no trouble getting on any of these courses.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Andrew Summerell

Re: Yet another list..Joe Passov/Travelin' Joe on golf.com
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 11:51:05 PM »
I've played 6 of the top 10 he hasn't played & I'm just some 'git' from Australia. He's just not trying hard enough.  ;)

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 12:23:57 AM »
2 of 10.......

But can I trade those 2 for his 1,423?

Adam Clayman

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 09:07:21 AM »
I wonder where he got that line about FH being the CPC of the east? Was he at Mountain Ridge back in Sept.? Odd he calls the potato field, woods.

Prairie Dunes?

That just shows a lack of effort. (same with Shadow Creek) I could've swore Loren Roberts won that one. But, all I recall was his amazing 62 on Sunday.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 09:23:12 AM »
I certainly relate to Mr. Passov's taste in golf courses  :)
jeffmingay.com

PCCraig

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 09:25:03 AM »
It's more a list of places GM, or whoever he's working for, hasn't sent him yet.
H.P.S.

Joel Zuckerman

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 09:26:22 AM »
I've played four of his 10, but am languishing some 700 GC's behind on his lifetime list....

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 09:52:33 AM »
It's more a list of places GM, or whoever he's working for, hasn't sent him yet.

I can't believe you represent Golfweek magazine and can get away with insulting Joe like that.  Joe is simply a great guy who loves golf course architecture trying to earn a living sharing his experiences with guys just like him.  I thought the article was the exact kind of educational piece we all believe is necessary to promote great work.  Few golfers have heard of all ten of those courses.

note:  My brother is married to Joe's sister.

PCCraig

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 11:39:56 AM »

I can't believe you represent Golfweek magazine and can get away with insulting Joe like that.  Joe is simply a great guy who loves golf course architecture trying to earn a living sharing his experiences with guys just like him.  I thought the article was the exact kind of educational piece we all believe is necessary to promote great work.  Few golfers have heard of all ten of those courses.

note:  My brother is married to Joe's sister.

I'm sure he is a nice guy. But if he wants to see those courses he could obviously go play them with just a little bit of effort, regardless of who he's married to.
H.P.S.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 12:02:02 PM »
I have four of those...
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Padraig Dooley

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 01:25:20 PM »
It's an interesting list. It looks like he has a very good taste in architecture judging from it. His articles in Golf always tend to give pretty good advice.
There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
  - Pablo Picasso

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 02:40:58 PM »
List of magazine listers....

Passov in GM
Whitten in GD
Klein in GW

Who are the other writers for listing?  Does LINKS magazine have a go-to scribe?
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back