News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jon Cavalier

Re: Bayonne Photo Tour
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2014, 12:44:35 AM »
I had the privilege of playing Bayonne today, and I must say that despite going in with very high expectations (due in no small part to this thread and it's excellent photos), this golf course blew me away. What an incredibly fun place to play golf. A few surprises - first, the course was much firmer and faster than I anticipated. Not full speed, but close. Frankly, the conditioning was immaculate.  Second, it plays much, much wider, especially off the tee, than it looks in photos and in person. Third, I found that the "urban" views weren't nearly as pressing as I thought they would be, and for me, they added to the scenic beauty of the course, rather than detract from it.  Finally, I found the walk to be quite pleasant and not difficult at all.

The massive flag was flying high today - I don't know that I can add to the excellent photos already posted, but I did take a bunch and I'll put up a couple later.

Several pros in town for the Barclays have played there this week and/or plan to tee it up after the event.

Bottom line for me these days is that anything even a little different will spark my interest, and Bayonne was miles apart from anything I've played in this area. I loved it, and I would recommend that anyone in the area try to play it at least once.
Golf Photos via
Twitter: @linksgems
Instagram: @linksgems

Mark Fedeli

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2014, 09:20:03 AM »
Jon, glad to hear it was playing fast for you. Looking forward to seeing your photos too.

In the meantime, here's a favorite of mine:

South Jersey to Brooklyn. @marrrkfedeli

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2014, 12:08:05 PM »
Mark - that's a great pic.

A few of the shots I took yesterday, in no particular order:

15th Green:

Overview from Clubhouse Balcony:

13th Hole:

1st Tee:

1st Green:

1st Hole Reverse View:

11th Hole:

12th Hole:

17th Hole:
[/url]

18th Tee:

18th Approach:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:14:55 PM by Jon Cavalier »
Golf Photos via

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2014, 04:31:12 PM »
Marvelous pictures and narrative, thanks Rch, what a tremendous feat of engineering, along the lines of Whistling Straits for shear landscape manufacturing, but Bayonne looks way more natural as a finished product.

Michael Felton

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2014, 05:44:21 PM »
Jon, glad to hear it was playing fast for you. Looking forward to seeing your photos too.

In the meantime, here's a favorite of mine:

Happy days! And from a year ago today!

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2014, 07:17:06 PM »
Great photos.

Eric Bergstol created a masterpiece from nothing.

I defy anyone who didn't know about Bayonne, to identify where this photo was taken.

Guessing Bayonne would be off the charts.

jonathan_becker

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2014, 08:49:50 PM »
I made a visit a few weeks ago and here's some more shots to add to the variety.  A bit more clouds on my day.

looking back on 1

4 green from the right

Looking back on 7

8 tee

9 tee

12 fw

14 tee

John Burnes

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2014, 11:31:10 PM »
Great photos.

Eric Bergstol created a masterpiece from nothing.

I defy anyone who didn't know about Bayonne, to identify where this photo was taken.

Guessing Bayonne would be off the charts.

I said almost the exact same thing - if I woke up in the middle of this fairway tomorrow, I would have no idea where I was, and the last place I'd guess would be New Jersey - albeit it was while while walking up the 18th and not the 12th. Very cool place.
Golf Photos via

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back