News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Harshbarger

Battenkill CC 1925 - Any Info?
« on: April 08, 2011, 06:51:28 PM »
Does anyone know anything about Battenkill Country Club in Greenwich, NY.  Founded 1925.  No mention of architect. 
http://battenkillcc.com/index.html

Thanks, Dave
The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

David Stamm

Re: Battenkill CC 1925 - Any Info?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 09:25:49 PM »
Does anyone know anything about Battenkill Country Club in Greenwich, NY.  Founded 1925.  No mention of architect. 
http://battenkillcc.com/index.html

Thanks, Dave

I'm sure Macwood has it on a list somewhere..... ;) ;D

"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Dan Byrnes

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 08:48:22 PM »
Not far from me, I'll have to check it out.  Never heard of it previously. 

There are a couple of interesting courses in nearby Saratoga.  The state park course a William Mitchell design is a nice layout but it doesn't get much in the way of funds.  Conditions were poor last time I played years ago but hear thingd have improved.  Saratoga National is a decent but expensive daily fee.  Very well run but not sure it has much wow factor.

Dan

David Harshbarger

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 08:36:32 AM »
Dan,

I'm in Schuylerville; thinking of joining Battenkill.  It is 12 minutes door to door.  The course seems pretty open, is short, is walkable, and I think will be perfect for a round with number 2 whilst number 1 is at baseball practice!

Ever want to check it out IM me.

Dave
The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back