News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jud_T

Re: Ireland Tour Suggestions
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 02:58:43 PM »
I particularly like the one of the guy hacking out of the hay 50 yards up the massive dune.... :-\
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Mark Smolens

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 02:58:57 PM »
My last trip to Ireland was with a group of guys who go regularly. They use a guide named Jimmy O'Leary, a banty little Irishman who it would seem knows every golf course owner/operator, hotelier, innkeeper, restauranteur in the country. The rates that Jimmy got us were ridiculous, and far less than you could possibly do for yourself booking over the internet. The last e-mail address for Jimmy that I had was "joltours@tinet.ie", but that's a couple of years old. If you'd like I can hook you up with a buddy who was just over there on a trip run by Jimmy, and he could get you his contact information. . .

Carl Johnson

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 08:02:03 PM »
Do you want to pay extra for someone like Perry to "help" you, or do you want to do it yourself, contol your own destiny and pay the regular rates?  If the latter, do it yourself.  Just to confirm what others have said, with the internet and telephone you can plan and carry out the whole thing yourself very easily.  I've done it for two trips to Scotland, and am now in the process of doing the same with a group of eight for a trip to Northern Ireland next year.

Bill Brightly

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 10:51:08 AM »
Carl,

If you are in Belfast, I highly recommend taking a one hour "Black Cab" historical tour. I took my group on one and they thought is was amazing. If you are interested, message me and I'll get you a name.

Jim Hoak

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 06:17:14 PM »
If you want a very nice course, that is much less well-known, play Dooks Golf Club.  Especially if you are on the way to Waterville, it is worth it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back